The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   ATVs, Dirt Bikes and Schtuff (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Finally found me a sweet kicker! (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204350)

Turbo Turtle 08-02-2015 12:48 AM

Finally found me a sweet kicker!

1 Attachment(s)
I was checking out Vespa Samari's (vortec 350's w/Dana 60's) on CL earlier today, and what behold comes up but a 92' Vespa DR3 350 in the offerings. :verycool: I had to E-mail the guy as their was no phone number. A hot built 350cc air cooled scoot with a fresh built pumper carb. It runs like a top! It hauls some serious butt :whistling: but the knobbies made it a bit of a chore riding it the 75 miles to the house on the two lanes followed by my GF. Sprockets kept me to 65mph. It has no tach or speedo. It is lightweight and quite nimble. A kicker with a small battery for the head and led lighting. It was modified by the previous owner to be street legal (kinda), so it can and will be tagged. The kicker for me is that it's a kick start only, and needs no battery to start. :bowdown: The ability to tag it and ride legally is but the icing on the cake. I've been keeping my eyes open for something like this for several years, and it's in my back yard now. I can't wait to get back from my trip to ride it some more. I see some less aggressive tires in it's future, and may just go with a supermoto street tire look before too long. I was pretty well adjusted to it by the time I made it to the house, but decided not to go getting jiggy with it the day before I take off to Sturgis. This is going to be fun and it can double transporting me through the woods with some venison strapped on the back. Here is a photo of it

Bone Stockman 08-02-2015 05:11 AM

Very nice!

There was a guy here in town that was selling one about a year ago. He was asking ridiculous money ($3,000) and wouldn't come off of it.

Turbo Turtle 08-02-2015 09:32 AM

Ridiculous money has been the standard around here as well for these eclectic old kickers. I stole it! :woohoo: It listed for more, but I picked it up for $1300.00, and was able to jump on it and ride the 75 or so miles the back way home. I like it when young couples start having children and have to thin out their toys. :whistling:
It had a bunch of new stuff on it, including new tires and clutch pack. I think it having listing with the 4X4's helped preserve it till I came along. The guy said he had fielded a couple of calls, but lost them when he said it had no electric start. Asked why I didn't call, I informed him their was no phone number associated with his CL ad. He said he was going back and post a phone number with the ad, and I said he could hold off on that for just a little while, as he wouldn't likely have to re post the ad at all.
I did have Lil following me with a full assortment of tools, slime, pump and a huge cable and lock in case it broke down on the way home. :unsure:
I thought I would be stove up upon getting to the house, but I wasn't. Tires weren't balanced :nope: but only a bit off at speed. I'm Mc Lovin it, and am going to ride it some more again today before my departure to Sturgis in the wee hours of Monday morning.

:bum:

DAK47 08-02-2015 10:35 AM

Right on!! Nice find...... Good fun right there!

Dirk

MrSurly 08-02-2015 11:52 AM

A Bug Out Bike!
Luvin it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

par_fore 08-02-2015 01:57 PM

Very nice find. Looks like fun.

Dinero 08-02-2015 04:21 PM

Good find.

Enjoy.

Ironhead 08-08-2015 11:58 PM

Want a 74 kx 250 lol cheep needs a piston

Turbo Turtle 08-09-2015 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSurly (Post 1457183)
A Bug Out Bike!
Luvin it

Major influence for the purchase. One of them bad as EMF waves hit, it will still run. :woohoo: Or when/if Yellowstone pops I can go man! :outtahere:
New GF wants me to build B/O packs upon my return. Is she cool or what :unsure:

BOB

Turbo Turtle 08-09-2015 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhead (Post 1457926)
Want a 74 kx 250 lol cheep needs a piston

I'd ask how cheap, but It would cost me more than its worth getting it here. Then I would have to build it :nope:

:blink:

Ironhead 08-09-2015 09:25 AM

Dont know what yer missin lol