The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Whoops, I did it again (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201409)

Bone Stockman 08-17-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasilva (Post 1421650)
Should have checked out the Triumph Explorer, faster than the Wasserboxer by a bit, lighter, better wind protection, cheaper, and handles fantastic on or off-road. Plus it uses no oil. 4k miles into the current oil change and it's right at the full mark. The handling is amazing, lately I've been running with the local Ducati club and I'm at the point where I expect if the Ducs stick to a corner I will.

Thought long and hard about that Joe. Wanted to stick with a more touring-oriented bike this time. If I ever look to a third bike, the Explorer is at the top of the list.

This big beast is amazing. Did about 300 today out in WV (old 55 for the locals). I'm just stunned at how well this thing does on a winding road. The Duolever front end is just about idiot-proof. Pick a line, trail brake in, lean over, and throttle out. It's like a big German slingshot. There's so much torque everywhere that gear selection isn't a big deal.

Fe Butte 08-17-2014 06:11 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how an in-line six cylinder engine is a water boxer engine configuration?

Bone Stockman 08-21-2014 09:55 PM

It's official, I freaking love this bike. We did 500 miles today in a mix of interstate and backroads. The bike handled beautifully. She says it's way more comfortable than the CVO, I say it's much more engaging to ride. This thing out-Ultras the Ultra. It's brilliant on the backroads, and kept us nearly dry in torrential downpours.

No back or knee or wrist pain either after spending 11 hours on it today.

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.

MrSurly 08-22-2014 06:47 AM

I'm glad you like it! I hope you keep this a while. I don't have any use for Beemer parts, ya know.

(Well, not yet)

Bone Stockman 09-03-2014 08:24 PM

34 days, 3,600 miles.

Love. This. Bike.

Got an appointment next week to get the seat reworked with firmer foam and a leather cover. Got a luggage rack coming. It's as close to perfect as I've ridden.

For shits & giggles I looked at the KBB trade in on my CVO today (which is still unsold at the dealer). It's dropped $3,000 since the end of July. No crap, they're trying to sell my old bike for $2,000 more than KBB retail.

MrSurly 09-03-2014 08:56 PM

The '15s just hit the market. All previous models just took a big hit; it's the nature of the market.
I've read that you can now get '14 CVOs for 3-4k off.
So how much are they asking for yours?

Fe Butte 09-03-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bone Stockman (Post 1423165)
34 days, 3,600 miles.

Love. This. Bike.

Got an appointment next week to get the seat reworked with firmer foam and a leather cover. Got a luggage rack coming. It's as close to perfect as I've ridden.

For shits & giggles I looked at the KBB trade in on my CVO today (which is still unsold at the dealer). It's dropped $3,000 since the end of July. No crap, they're trying to sell my old bike for $2,000 more than KBB retail.

But it's the Bone Stockman Limited edition...

Bone Stockman 09-04-2014 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSurly (Post 1423169)
The '15s just hit the market. All previous models just took a big hit; it's the nature of the market.
I've read that you can now get '14 CVOs for 3-4k off.
So how much are they asking for yours?

Yeah, but that's nuts. I've heard tell of brand new '14 Limiteds selling for $24,000. So much for Harleys keeping their resale value.

They're listing my bike for just shy of $31,000 (which was right at KBB at the end of July). I can't see them getting anywhere near that.

Bone Stockman 09-04-2014 06:52 AM

A few other thoughts.....

I haven't thought once about:
- Changing the exhaust
- Playing with the tune
- Changing shocks
- A new air cleaner
- Cams

The bike ain't perfect, but not once have I ever felt like there was something performance-related that needed "fixing".

Infidel! 09-04-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bone Stockman (Post 1423202)
A few other thoughts.....

I haven't thought once about:
- Changing the exhaust
- Playing with the tune
- Changing shocks
- A new air cleaner
- Cams

The bike ain't perfect, but not once have I ever felt like there was something performance-related that needed "fixing".

Give it time, those thoughts will creep back in :whistling:

A fiddler needs a fiddle to fiddle

Bone Stockman 09-04-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel! (Post 1423203)
Give it time, those thoughts will creep back in :whistling:

A fiddler needs a fiddle to fiddle

It helps immeasurably that there are no aftermarket cams, tuners, or intakes available, and that a set of mufflers runs around $2,000.

Fe Butte 09-04-2014 07:37 AM

And shocks, what a ride they could give with a better "set"...:whistling:

Somebody has to make a set of velvet clad ones.:blink:

Bone Stockman 10-12-2014 07:53 PM

In full dress mode.....

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...psc28b285c.jpg

And in hooligan mode...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ps6c3d1264.jpg

I really love this bike.

Dinero 10-12-2014 10:32 PM

As well you should.

It really is quite the looker and apparently rides and handles better than it looks.

Infidel! 10-12-2014 10:48 PM

I hate one way relationships