The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dyna Discussion (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I have a Dyna... (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=745)

Dirty Dan 02-13-2007 12:23 AM

I have a Dyna...

that I really luv. But it just isn't really made to haul my plus-sized ass AND the wife.

I'm thinking about trading it for an E-glide standard.

dynageno 02-13-2007 11:47 AM

That would be a good move Dan!

KICKER 02-13-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtydan (Post 7827)
that I really luv. But it just isn't really made to haul my plus-sized ass AND the wife.

I've got the same problem,but I'm not willing to give up the lowrider.I'm trying to figure out how to add a Road King custom to the picture.

TimmyD 02-13-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtydan

Quote:

Originally Posted by firetronix01 (Post 8140)
I've got the same problem,but I'm not willing to give up the lowrider.I'm trying to figure out how to add a Road King custom to the picture.

hmm...
...custom seats...
...98 ci Big Bore Kit...
...problem solved...
...lot cheaper then a new bike...
...just sayin'...

Dirty Dan 02-14-2007 10:02 PM

Yea, I'd really rather have two bikes. The wife, on the other hand, isn't quite as committed to the idea as I am. Decisions, decisions.

dynageno 02-14-2007 10:12 PM

We have 2 bikes, but hers is a 1974 shovelhead! Ya savy?

Dirty Dan 02-15-2007 12:58 PM

I had a shovel, geno....an '82 (I think) Sturgis. I liked it real well.

GrayRider 02-15-2007 12:59 PM

Leave her at home.

Xkvator 02-15-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtydan (Post 7827)

just get an Ultra...:D

Dirty Dan 02-18-2007 03:18 AM

Today I looked at an '06 Street Glide with 15k miles in Cobalt Blue. It had some extras like an E-glide seat and some chrome shit. It goes on sale next week for 15,900. The sales guy is coming over Tuesday to appraise my Street Bob.

I'm tempted...

Its a cool bike & cheaper than a new E-glide standard.

What do you guys think?

noodles 02-18-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtydan (Post 11806)
Today I looked at an '06 Street Glide with 15k miles in Cobalt Blue. It had some extras like an E-glide seat and some chrome shit. It goes on sale next week for 15,900. The sales guy is coming over Tuesday to appraise my Street Bob.

I'm tempted...

What do you guys think?

What do "I" think..........You have a Street Bob, It must be new, why did'nt you get a E-Glide when you were looking at the Street Bob? You had to like or want the Bobber bike for some reason or another and as soon as you break down and get a bagger, the one you are having hopes to ride on the back will find some other intrest and here you will be riding this 1/2 ton road commode all by yourself and a wishing you had your Bobber back~
PS, & why is the guy coming to your house to appraise your bike when it would be better to have your bike at the stealership just incase he makes you on heck of and offer or someone is there that just might buy your bobber out from under you before any trade~
~that is what I think~:whistling:

dynageno 02-18-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtydan (Post 11806)

I'm tempted...

What do you guys think?

To tell you the truth, I'd like to have one of each. That ain't gonna happen anytime soon, so I'll keep my Dyna. Sorry...

BigAlsRK 02-18-2007 10:30 AM

Yep...same here....would like to get a bagger....but for now we are happy with our Dyna....still put a slew of miles on her...thanks to the Corbin seat!

KICKER 02-18-2007 12:08 PM

I'd rather have both. Noodles makes a good point.

route66paul 02-18-2007 12:40 PM

She won't like the street glide as well as an ultra. Ride a road glide with her on the back before you commit.