The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   MotoCamping (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Hey Campers, Check this out (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179969)

PeaceKeeper 04-10-2011 09:03 AM

Hey Campers, Check this out

This little thing is really neat, have it color matched. Look how quick he puts it up and watch him wheel it away at the end, very light.

why_me 04-10-2011 09:18 AM

Now that is a neat little pull behind!

thrasher 04-10-2011 09:23 AM

Interesting idea if you're sure you want a trailer. The extension there on the right hand side with the single fold down aluminum brace does not look all that well supported, though. I'd hate to put any real weight on it.

The only real advantage of that over a quality ultra light tent is that it's off the ground, and it can be leveled (for uneven ground).

The disadvantages (for me anyways) is that its a trailer, and IMO, trailers take a lot of fun out of riding a motorcycle. I guess I'd rather pack a quality backpacker's ultra light tent, tent footprint, Thermarest, and stay on two wheels.

PeaceKeeper 04-10-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrasher (Post 1087131)
Interesting idea if you're sure you want a trailer. The extension there on the right hand side with the single fold down aluminum brace does not look all that well supported, though. I'd hate to put any real weight on it.

The only real advantage of that over a quality ultra light tent is that it's off the ground, and it can be leveled (for uneven ground).

The disadvantages (for me anyways) is that its a trailer, and IMO, trailers take a lot of fun out of riding a motorcycle. I guess I'd rather pack a quality backpacker's ultra light tent, tent footprint, Thermarest, and stay on two wheels.

Thats my issue. I like to travel fast and light. I have a REI Half dome that goes up in about 5 minutes, a down bag that compresses to the size of a coffee can and a REI self inflating pad that also compresses to about the size of a coffee can. This would allow me to pretty much set up anyplace in a minute and carry all my gear at the same time unloading the bike except for the 20lbs tongue weight. I have never pulled a trailer with a bike, been told you dont know its back there. When I tow one with a car I know its back there so...........

It is one of the quickest, lightest and smallest I have vere seen.

dynageno 04-10-2011 11:03 AM

Cool little set up

FinalBags 04-10-2011 11:14 AM

Comfort Suites for me.:coffee:
I like sheets and hot water.:lol:

Sidecar Doug 04-10-2011 12:31 PM

That's interesting. But for that one time a year that I go camping, the pop-up tent I have works fine. And for road trips, nothing beats a hot shower and comfy bed after being on the road all day. :whistling:

thrasher 04-10-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug (Post 1087182)
That's interesting. But for that one time a year that I go camping, the pop-up tent I have works fine. And for road trips, nothing beats a hot shower and comfy bed after being on the road all day. :whistling:

Most of the campgrounds I've camped in have bathroom and hot shower facilities. When I rode up to Eureka Springs with TJ Willy for the 2008 Doofapalooza, we camped one night right on the lakefront of Lake Quachita in Quachita National Forest. It was hot and humid, so we went swimming in the lake to cool off. Hot shower after dinner. Nice campground.

For the next day's camp, we rode down about 7 miles of dirt road and camped by a river in Ozark National Forest. Very very hard rain that night. Inside the tent stayed nice and dry, though. Campground hosts were a very nice elderly couple from Lake Jackson, TX. Next morning, he invited us in his travel trailer for hot coffee the next morning. After which we departed and rode down a muddy road to some blacktop and on through more torrential rain to Eureka Springs.

If I had to do it over again, I'd do it the same way. Good times!

PeaceKeeper 04-10-2011 01:01 PM

I always choose a campground over a motel. Its just my preference. I love to camp. I will do a motel if I am in a hurry trying to make miles and dont have the time to set up and unpack. On the way back home is when that usually happens when I over stay my schedule in someplace beautiful like AZ, then have to ride non stop to get my wife at the airport. Next July when we run the ALCAN and the Cassier Hwy we will be camping mostly because we have a month and have to be nowhere quick.

Infidel! 04-11-2011 07:30 AM

There's no satellite dish.

Is it me, or does that guy move R E A L L Y s l o w ?

thrasher 04-11-2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txhawg (Post 1087447)
There's no satellite dish.

Is it me, or does that guy move R E A L L Y s l o w ?

Its not you..

Backroad Mike 04-11-2011 02:48 PM

We're done tenting from the bike. :Poke:

Thorns 06-19-2011 09:47 PM

After riding in the Southern heat (and Sun) all day, can you say A/C, shower, good meal, bed with clean sheets, TV, A/C, cold drinks, A/C, A/C, A/C!!!!!!!

noodles 06-19-2011 10:12 PM

Some of y'all don't travel with a "spouse"~
justsayn!!

Backroad Mike 06-20-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodles (Post 1116572)
Some of y'all don't travel with a "spouse"~
justsayn!!

Noodles, Duck. :sofa: