The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Noah. (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200123)

MegaGlide 03-29-2014 08:53 AM

Noah.

Unmitigated tripe.

One of the most beloved stories from the Bible, rewritten by left-wing, tofu eating evolutionists into The Lord of the Rings with water.

The most entertaining part of the movie was the guy sitting next to Boop who would occasionally let out a "NOAH!", in a deep baritone stage whisper (think Bill Cosby).

Some cool CGI-ing, but overall two thumbs way, way down.

OKC Fatboy 03-29-2014 10:12 AM

Nothing in that movie is correct, from a bible standpoint. There is no veiling the constant green movement, vegan brainwashing going on here. That said, Russell Crowe, Anthony Hopkins, Emma Watson et al make for a very dramatic movie. My favorite part was when he was telling the story of creation, with the CGI evolution of life on earth...not.

For those of you who haven't seen God's Not Dead, I highly recommend you see this film. Very heartwarming and encouraging.

Bob

par_fore 03-29-2014 10:34 AM

Warning and recommendation noted!

Turbo Turtle 03-29-2014 11:32 AM

Thanks for the warning Dave! :blink: I've been to the movie theaters maybe three times in the last 15-20 years.:coffee: I'd rather live it than watch it. :whistling:

BOB:scared2:

buck 03-29-2014 12:12 PM

My wife wanted to go, but I already knew the ending.

Bluetoys 03-29-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buck (Post 1403195)
My wife wanted to go, but I already knew the ending.

He doubled down and hit big?

Fe Butte 03-29-2014 10:35 PM

Yep, in my head the entire time.

Vooba, vooba,vooba....

ding! NOAH!

(pause)

Vooba, vooba, vooba...

ding! NOAH!

(pause)

Who's that?

It is the LORD, NOAH!

You're kiddin', right?

Homesick 03-30-2014 01:43 PM

I hear the rock people are very true to life...

joe

ms_tapestry 03-31-2014 07:37 AM

Recommendation nited

Communication from the elemental world...

Fe Butte 03-31-2014 09:47 AM

Other thoughts...

If you eat/ live a vegan lifestyle/ diet you will live longer.

If your boat uses biomass for power it can run for 40 days and 40 nights.

Use renewable resources to build things with, trees, glue made from tree sap, grasses and such things for clothing, baskets and storage...

Ol Mike 03-31-2014 12:13 PM

Review by my brother;

I went to see the new movie Noah's Ark yesterday. The only similarities with the true story are there was a guy named Noah and he helped build an ark. In the movie, giant talking rocks built the ark. There was a lot of fighting and killing - especially by the rocks. Noah refused to let one of his sons take a wife and left her to die in a leg trap where she was trampled to death. He told his pregnant daughter-in-law that he was going to kill her baby when it was born. And, there was a stowaway onboard the ark who tried to convince Noah's son to kill Noah for not allowing him to take a wife. There's another movie coming out in 2-3 weeks about a boy who claims to have gone to Heaven and seen his relatives. That movie is based on an actual story.

stupidglide 03-31-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Mike (Post 1403472)
Review by my brother;

I went to see the new movie Noah's Ark yesterday. The only similarities with the true story are there was a guy named Noah and he helped build an ark. In the movie, giant talking rocks built the ark. There was a lot of fighting and killing - especially by the rocks. Noah refused to let one of his sons take a wife and left her to die in a leg trap where she was trampled to death. He told his pregnant daughter-in-law that he was going to kill her baby when it was born. And, there was a stowaway onboard the ark who tried to convince Noah's son to kill Noah for not allowing him to take a wife. There's another movie coming out in 2-3 weeks about a boy who claims to have gone to Heaven and seen his relatives. That movie is based on an actual story......

:blink:

:roflback::roflback::roflback::roflback::roflback:

Redleg 04-01-2014 05:59 AM

The rock people from Galaxy Quest are in this? Cool! So this is really a prequel then, right?

TalonChief 04-01-2014 06:21 AM

2 Timothy 4:3
American Standard Version (ASV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure the sound doctrine; but, having itching ears, will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts;

Boop 04-01-2014 08:42 AM

There is a pervading sense of evil throughout the movie. Violent, creepily supernatural, and ridiculous. I'm offended we spent money on this.

And yeah, I kept wanting some voice to say, "How long can you tread water?"