The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Specific Crap (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Victory Crashes (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207346)

fred1369 01-09-2017 01:13 PM

Victory Crashes

MINNEAPOLIS (January 9, 2017) — Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) today announced it will immediately begin winding down its Victory Motorcycles brand and related operations. Polaris will assist dealers in liquidating existing inventories while continuing to supply parts for a period of 10 years, along with providing service and warranty coverage to Victory dealers and owners. Today’s announcement does not affect any other Polaris business units.

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company...t-announcement

Infidel! 01-09-2017 02:33 PM

Dang!

No more space ships

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dinero 01-09-2017 05:44 PM

That is really too bad. Harley needs some competition but building to Harley's price point is not the answer.

SLOWHOUND 01-09-2017 06:08 PM

Did you notice the line about the profitable Indian brand and Slingshot brand continuing .I think Victory was loosing it's foothold to Indian .So they shut her down.

BenBoosted 01-09-2017 06:58 PM

Aren't both Victory AND Indian owned by Polaris?

Fe Butte 01-10-2017 12:52 AM

Yep...

Kinda like the general dropping all it's other brands and keeping Cadillac, GMC, Chevrolet and Buick.

Sent from mobile device prone to spelling errors

Captain 41 01-10-2017 06:32 AM

Thats disappointing news. Scabby is the only rider I know that has a Victory and I value his opinion and he swears by the thing. I agree that Harley needs more competition, maybe now is the time for ***** or one of the other remaining manufacturers to step up there game to compete more directly. On the flip side the Harley brand is more then just a product, its a culture which in my opinion makes it very hard to compete against. Honestly, haven't we all overpaid for stuff just because it had the Harley logo on it : )

Mischief 01-10-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain 41 (Post 1493109)
Honestly, haven't we all overpaid for stuff just because it had the Harley logo on it : )

no comment.... :X

par_fore 01-10-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Thats disappointing news. Scabby is the only rider I know that has a Victory and I value his opinion and he swears by the thing. I agree that Harley needs more competition, maybe now is the time for ***** or one of the other remaining manufacturers to step up there game to compete more directly. On the flip side the Harley brand is more then just a product, its a culture which in my opinion makes it very hard to compete against. Honestly, haven't we all overpaid for stuff just because it had the Harley logo on it : )

Have any of us NOT overpaid for everything with the Harley logo? :roflback:

Captain 41 01-10-2017 12:48 PM

Stupid question but are their words that we aren't allowed to say on the forum? A certain Auto/Bike Manufacturer that starts with an H ends with an A and has ond in the middle was replaced with ***** from my post : )

Fe Butte 01-10-2017 01:02 PM

Like H0NDA? Maybe...

BigTOE 01-10-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain 41 (Post 1493124)
Stupid question but are their words that we aren't allowed to say on the forum? A certain Auto/Bike Manufacturer that starts with an H ends with an A and has ond in the middle was replaced with ***** from my post : )

Are you new? :DD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fe Butte 01-10-2017 01:44 PM

I'm always new... :s_e_grin:

fred1369 01-10-2017 07:03 PM

I used to ride a Handa.

BluesFan 01-10-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Hi, nice to meet new folks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk