The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ride Planner (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Plan a Ride Suggestions (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209157)

Backroad Mike 06-14-2018 09:19 PM

Plan a Ride Suggestions

Looking for somewhere to ride in September. I received a text recently from a good friend who said he needs a 7-10 day ride. September would work.

Where would you go??

Before I start, let me clarify a very important issue. Apparently, I can't go to Key West, Alaska or Prince Edward Island without her. :sofa:
I think the Rockies and points west are out of reach for this trip too.

Between the two of us, I think we've pretty much covered just about every State within 2-4 days from home. As you can see in my ride map, there are a few states in the central/upper mid west I haven't been on a bike.

I think this is a mostly leisurely ride to find some good places to eat, nice roads to ride, and maybe stop and see some friends along the way.

Margarita 06-15-2018 09:21 AM

I've travelled some pretty nice backroads through Kansas.

stoney 06-15-2018 11:10 AM

Canadian east coast. Google the Cabot trail....... lots of nice scenery, and a few good roads.

Scabbydoo 06-15-2018 03:12 PM

Well, they're not colored in.............WI, MN, ND & SD. There is some great riding in the Dakotas and Rushmore is pretty impressive. Not sure if you've been there but it's not far from Sturgis/Rapid City area to Devil's tower in WY with some great roads to make a nice day trip.

Backroad Mike 06-15-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoney (Post 1511029)
Canadian east coast. Google the Cabot trail....... lots of nice scenery, and a few good roads.

No doubt, but that might be too close to Prince Edward Island for comfort...
:whistling:

Backroad Mike 06-15-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scabbydoo (Post 1511041)
Well, they're not colored in.............WI, MN, ND & SD. There is some great riding in the Dakotas and Rushmore is pretty impressive. Not sure if you've been there but it's not far from Sturgis/Rapid City area to Devil's tower in WY with some great roads to make a nice day trip.

Agreed. I'd love to ride around Custer, the badlands and surrounding area, but it may be juuuuuust a little far for the time available.

Scabbydoo 06-15-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backroad Mike (Post 1511044)
...it may be juuuuuust a little far for the time available.

Just ride reeeeeeeaaaaaly fast :s_e_grin:

Fe Butte 06-17-2018 08:47 AM

You're in AZ? Right?...

Moab UT arches park?

Toss in maybe Zion UT park?

And Zion is close to the North Rim of the big ditch. I love the North Rim area. If it isn't closed for winter in September.

Then if those are too close, maybe go up to Cedar City UT, head out to Cedar Breaks and Bryce canyon loop?
Has some great roads and scenic vistas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Backroad Mike 06-17-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fe Butte (Post 1511085)
You're in AZ? Right?...

Moab UT arches park?

Toss in maybe Zion UT park?

And Zion is close to the North Rim of the big ditch. I love the North Rim area. If it isn't closed for winter in September.

Then if those are too close, maybe go up to Cedar City UT, head out to Cedar Breaks and Bryce canyon loop?
Has some great roads and scenic vistas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

No, we're in Virginia.

Been to Moab, Zion, Bryce and the North Rim. All beautiful too. :thumbsup: