The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Great Lakes Region (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Pony Tacos 2020 (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210244)

Bone Stockman 09-15-2019 05:35 PM

Pony Tacos 2020

Tentative dates: August 28-30.

The people who attended this year's ride voted on what to do next year. As 2020 is the 10th anniversary of this ride, we unanimously voted to return to our motel. And we scouted what we think will be an outstanding location for 2021.

Yes, we're going to keep doing this ride on a yearly basis. It's a central enough part of the country that it's a 1-day ride for most, and a 2-day ride for most of the rest (sorry Californians, it's the Kessel Run for you).

It's also in no way, shape, or form an "official" Doof event. I'm going to do this ride every year whether or not anyone shows up. But I hope y'all do, because I like hanging out with you. Since the forum's effectively dead, I'll post this on Facebook as well. As we get closer to the date(s), I'll update things as needed.

Finally, the riding in this part of Ohio is boring. We've moved way past being just a bunch of people who ride to a bunch of people who enjoy each other's company. Drive your car. Bring a truck. Hell, pack your grill up and we can cook in the parking lot (it's allowed, we checked).

For those who are not happy with the motel:

A: Right now it's all about the Benjamins. The goal is to make this ride as affordable as possible to ensure that as many people as possible can afford to come. A $200/night room is nice, but it also prices out a lot of the people who might come. If you're an RV person, bring it. Plenty of places on-property to park it. Since Wyndham bought Super 8, it's gotten better. It's still a truck-stop motel, but it's in far better shape than it was 2 years ago, and according to the manager they're going to keep making improvements. The bar is currently closed. The motel has bought it and is refurbishing it. It should be open next year. The manager has assured us that she'll have a place for us to hang out next time, and she'll get us all a block of rooms together.

Edited to add:

The Super 8 we usually use is out, new motel is linked. The bar in front of the old motel burned down under mysterious circumstances, and frankly that was the last nail in that coffin. The new place is nicer, closer to beautiful lake views, and closer to food. If you have an RV, you can bring that there as well. Due to the 'Rona BS, there's a fair chance that there will be another lockdown in the fall, so I'm not booking a room yet, and they're not holding rooms for us. The call will be made by the 21st (the Friday before).

Fe Butte 09-15-2019 06:27 PM

If things continue to work like it's going to happen, I'll be about two days away. :s_e_grin:

By next years run.

stoney 09-15-2019 07:30 PM

I'm in.

Geezer-Glide 09-16-2019 08:03 AM

Dates please!

BigTOE 09-16-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide (Post 1520478)
Dates please!

Possible but I think they said the girls may have moved on so you may have to bring your own :DD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bone Stockman 09-16-2019 12:30 PM

Pony Tacos 2020

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide (Post 1520478)
Dates please!

Literally the first line of the thread. Tentative only due to my goofy schedule.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...45813a1586.jpg

Infidel! 09-16-2019 08:48 PM

I’m going to try like hell to make this next year.

It’s incredible how busy I have been since I retired

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Fe Butte 09-19-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel! (Post 1520492)
I’m going to try like hell to make this next year.

It’s incredible how busy I have been since I retired

Testify!

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how buying a house has changed so much, from the time I first bought one and spent half a day signing paperwork in some office with all parties.

Bone Stockman 02-08-2020 02:03 PM

Throwing another tentative set of dates out there....August 28th-30th. We're bracketing Labor day. Based on school schedules, I'm not sure what's going to be best. If you have an opinion, let it be known.

The call will be made no later than April 15th, so everyone will have plenty of time to schedule.

stoney 02-08-2020 06:33 PM

I'm still in.

And I plan on riding. :DD

Infidel! 02-13-2020 11:45 AM

Nail it down so I can request the day off!

Oh, wait I forgot I’m retired

But I’m still hungry

Geezer-Glide 02-13-2020 06:25 PM

Things keep going the way they are, I’ll be retired too! Just might be able to make this one!

Bone Stockman 05-01-2020 04:29 PM

For obvious reasons I haven't picked a date yet. As soon as I'm able to walk into the restaurant I'll pick one.

Infidel! 05-01-2020 11:07 PM

As long as it doesn’t conflict with the rescheduled cloud riders in September I should be there

stoney 05-02-2020 07:27 AM

As long as the border is open, we'll be there.