The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Chester's Reno Harley Davidson (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206127)

Fe Butte 04-18-2016 07:02 PM

Chester's Reno Harley Davidson

Have been buying parts and getting some work done off and on for some years now.

I always saw their in store advertisement, in Thunder Press also, if you buy a new bike from us you'll get free tires for life.

Well here I am with a new bike from their store.

Here's the "good" part, to get free tires for life you have to have every recommended service preformed by them.

humm...:doh:

Infidel! 04-18-2016 08:36 PM

Does it say that in their ad?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

par_fore 04-18-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fe Butte (Post 1477439)
Have been buying parts and getting some work done off and on for some years now.

I always saw their in store advertisement, in Thunder Press also, if you buy a new bike from us you'll get free tires for life.

Here's the "good" part, to get free tires for life you have to have every recommended service preformed by them.

umm...:doh:

I thought it wise to get the 1000 mile service performed by the dealer. I assumed, yeah...I know :doh: that would include a steering head adjustment. Not the case. Turns out to be a very expensive undertaking to change the fluids. They will not be getting more of my $$$ for this. :nope:

Backroad Mike 04-19-2016 05:05 AM

Couple years ago, North Richmond HD was running a special with new bikes. Free lifetime service on new bike purchases. I wasn't in the market at the time.. :badmood:

MrSurly 04-19-2016 09:19 AM

AsteRISKs

way

down

at the

bottom of the ad.

Dinero 04-19-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSurly (Post 1477480)
AsteRISKs

way

down

at the

bottom of the ad.

The way the world runs.

Slick 04-19-2016 12:10 PM

It's only free until you start to pay for it.

Fe Butte 04-19-2016 01:22 PM

I always say there are No "Deals"...

I'll add this to the list.

fred1369 07-24-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fe Butte (Post 1477439)
humm...:doh:

Part of the ESP. $350 every 5000 miles. You are lucky getting the tires.

Fe Butte 07-24-2016 04:28 PM

Not part of HD esp.

That would be the road hazard ESP.

Free tires at this dealer is if they do all the services.

Funny thing my 5 K done at a few over 6 K after ES.

They said they changed all fluids.

Still Mobil one 75W90 in trans, but that's OK by me.

They said 10/32" tread remains on rear tire, I measured, is only 6/32"...

And these services only run $360.00 !, for now...

Fe Butte 09-04-2016 10:29 AM

Yesterday they finally got the time to do my 10 K service.

I had already changed the oil and filter, (filter bought at that dealer) because I wanted to do some riding between when the odometer had turned 10 K and the four weeks before they could fit me in.

First off they noticed some kind of clacking / knocking noise coming from the *primary, asked if it was OK to look in there, I said OK as it is under warranty still...:blink:

*First off, they found the primary was way overfull, next they found I had put a touch more than 3 1/2 quarts into the engine, I had by just a touch, as when fully "hot" after riding, 1 -2 minutes of idle after ride so the pump could fully scavenge the crankcase of oil, when I checked the dipstick it was about a 1/8 inch above the full "on side stand"mark.
So they were kind of blaming me that overfilling the engine it passed the crank shaft seal and into the primary.
I asked if I had overfilled the engine, why is the oil level the same as it was after putting in engine oil?

Well... we're not sure.

Then late in the day they asked if I had noticed my rear tire? I said you mean the one that is worn out?

Yes, we'll put a new one on if you want, I said OK as I had the "Free" tire deal for them.

Not so "Free" they charge $90 labour for mounting the "Free" tire...:doh:

Also I guess Harley does not cover the compensateor bolt as they charged me for that also. :blink:

Finally as it was close to closing, they didn't do the "free" service wash.

I got home after dark so I just now looked it over in the light of day. They could have at least used some glass cleaner or some water with a couple of drops of wash soap in a spray bottle or even brake cleaner to clean all the oil slime off the primary outer case.

Well that experiment of "Free tires" did not impress me one little bit...

And the primary is still making the clacking noise at idle. :woohoo: