The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rider Safety (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   I Didn't Know Him. I Hate to See This (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204599)

MrSurly 08-26-2015 02:58 PM

I Didn't Know Him. I Hate to See This

I feel the worst for the people he hit and I hope they recover.

I feel awful for his family.

I feel *nothing* for him.

A facebook recounting

ms_tapestry 08-27-2015 04:45 AM

I read that story yesterday but they must have taken it down. It has disappeared from FB.

MrSurly 08-27-2015 06:35 AM

There are links on reddit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ms_tapestry 08-27-2015 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSurly (Post 1459540)
There are links on reddit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post em!

Fe Butte 08-27-2015 07:57 AM

What's up? :blink:

MrSurly 08-27-2015 10:04 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ms_tapestry (Post 1459543)
Post em!

OK. The links might have been taken down at any time but I'll post a screenshot or two

His FB

Newspaper

Dinero 08-27-2015 10:30 AM

Sadly, he is preaching to the choir.

The ones who could benefit from the story know that they are "10 feet tall and bullet proof" and will shake their heads and go on.

With that said, I'm glad these machines just weren't around when I was young because I might have been one of them and we might not be having this conversation.

Scabbydoo 08-27-2015 05:35 PM

There is a stretch of highway (I 495 Wilmington By-Pass) that is a favorite organ donors on crotch rockets. Every weekend you can find packs of them blasting up the road at over 100 mph (some cases approaching 140 I'm guessing), weaving in and out, splitting lanes and the occasional wheelie. Damn near hit one on two different occasions when I was changing lanes after passing another vehicle. They come out of nowhere and then THERE THEY ARE! Just missed one when I had checked the lane, put on my signal and started moving to my right, back into the center lane when, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a 'flicker' in my side view mirror. Held my position and in a nano second one of the afore mentioned when flying by (between me and the car in the right side lane) at about 120. If I hadn't held up, I'm pretty confident there would have be a medivac.

ms_tapestry 08-28-2015 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinero (Post 1459555)
Sadly, he is preaching to the choir.

The ones who could benefit from the story know that they are "10 feet tall and bullet proof" and will shake their heads and go on.

With that said, I'm glad these machines just weren't around when I was young because I might have been one of them and we might not be having this conversation.

I shared it with the local riders page that the "kids" use to set up rides here in CC. Many of them read it before it was taken down. Several shared it after I did. You'll have to meet Vic when you come down. He rides a Victory and does his best to corral the "kids" and tries to keep them in check. I throw in my two cents worth when I can. I hope we reached a few.

TimmyD 09-21-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scabbydoo (Post 1459585)
There is a stretch of highway (I 495 Wilmington By-Pass) that is a favorite organ donors on crotch rockets. Every weekend you can find packs of them blasting up the road at over 100 mph (some cases approaching 140 I'm guessing), weaving in and out, splitting lanes and the occasional wheelie. Damn near hit one on two different occasions when I was changing lanes after passing another vehicle. They come out of nowhere and then THERE THEY ARE! Just missed one when I had checked the lane, put on my signal and started moving to my right, back into the center lane when, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a 'flicker' in my side view mirror. Held my position and in a nano second one of the afore mentioned when flying by (between me and the car in the right side lane) at about 120. If I hadn't held up, I'm pretty confident there would have be a medivac.

...last time I drove Indian Head Highway in MD there was a bunch of crosses / memorials all along the road; markers that show the result of when you mix speed, inexperience and foolish youth.

Slick 09-23-2015 07:21 AM

That area is along one of my "get outta town" routes. I've seen the screaming wheelie machines there more than once. Prayers for him and more prayers to open the eyes and minds of those still seeking their thrills among the innocent.