The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Discussions (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Well, well well, look what the cat dragged in..... (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197076)

Jeffytune 08-11-2013 11:16 PM

Well, well well, look what the cat dragged in.....

Hi all.

I is been far too long since I stopped in to just say hi, but life sometimes gets in the way.
It has been quite the year for me so far, still working for my DOOf boss, the shop is getting by but we had to let our service writer go, so Chris and I do that as well these days.
Chris has a new 2012 Limited (Nice bike, two tone red) and I, well on June 30th of this year, I low-sided my 2007 E-glide on a pothole full of gravel on the mountain road called "Mary's peak". I made it through with just a couple of cracked ribs and brused knees, the bike left the roadway and tumbled down the mountain. (Okay, it was 20 feet to the river bed, but none the less).:crash:
Now, picture the scene, I am there direction traffic, my buddy's are given my grief:pointnlaugh: and the two truck shows up with just one guy and he makes me go down the hillside to hook up and walk my bike up the hillside. :Scared:
But it was to no avail, the frame had a bent tube, and the insurance company totaled it out.:doh:
They offered me the bike for 7,000, well that would be the value of it fixed with a branded title....so it went to the old salvage yard.....after I removed anything and everything I could grab.
I then started the search for and new ride, the Insurance company gave me just over 15K for the bike, and my lovely adorable doof Babe made it clear and if I were to get another bike, it would have to be payment free.

With my orders given, I started the search and I found a wholesaler in Seattle that had a 2010 Ultra Classic with 14,250 miles on it, all stock with ABS and he said he would take 15K for it.....done deal.:w00t::thumbsup::yay::bananadance::awesome::b an-split:
So if you look at my avatar or Signature you will see my new (Too me) black and silver beauty. I upgraded the hard way and I came through okay fore the most part....sure not the way I would recommend mind you and I would have been just as happy with my 2007 (I fixed all the problems with it) But I now have a cruise control, radio and a tour pack.
And yes, I saved the 43 covers, I just haven't had a chance to install them yet, but there is never been a doubt that I am at my core, a DooF.

Bluetoys 08-11-2013 11:20 PM

Welcome home

Backroad Mike 08-11-2013 11:28 PM

Well, that's one hell of a way to get a "new to you" bike... Glad your injuries have healed and welcome back.

Oh, and Sleeveless and I just passed through Beaverton last week.

:doh:

Jeffytune 08-11-2013 11:32 PM

And you didn't stop in for your free beer? (Or cold beverage)

dynageno 08-12-2013 12:32 AM

Welcome back man!

Jeffytune 08-12-2013 12:38 AM

It is good to be back....

BluesFan 08-12-2013 01:55 AM

Glad you are relatively ok.

@$^&#/(*^#^43> 41

Droid Galaxy SIII is pretty nice

Backroad Mike 08-12-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffytune (Post 1358171)
And you didn't stop in for your free beer? (Or cold beverage)

We stayed the night with Bstr1. I didn't realize you were in the area because you hadn't posted in a while to refresh the memory.

squish 08-12-2013 05:13 AM

Well Ho Lee Sheet! Welcome back!!!

MegaGlide 08-12-2013 05:23 AM

Welcome welcome.

Sent from my li'l ol' iPhone 4S augmented w/ a mophie juice pack plus® using Tapatalk.
Probably from the crapper.

ms_tapestry 08-12-2013 05:36 AM

Hello and all that. Good to see you! :Tonya:

Luke611 08-12-2013 06:20 AM

Well Hell .... It's about time you stopped in again. Welcome back, and congrats on the new ride.

(Totalled bikes can sometimes be repaired quite nicely.)

SafetyMan 08-12-2013 07:22 AM

Good to see you posting again!

Fe Butte 08-12-2013 07:51 AM

Hard way to trade up, at least you didn't ride it to the bottom of the gulch.

Welcome back.

Dinero 08-12-2013 08:29 AM

I've seen some easier ways to get a new bike but we all walk that mile in our own moccasins.

Beautiful bike.

Welcome back.