The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Prayer Line (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   For the People in Redding, CA. (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209271)

Backroad Mike 07-28-2018 03:42 PM

For the People in Redding, CA.

3 Attachment(s)
My home town. The Carr Fire of 2018 is devastating the area. In three days it went from 2500 acres Thursday, 45,000 yesterday and overnight exploded to 80,000 acres. 3000 firefighters, crews from over 50 departments, hundreds of trucks, dozens of helicopters and airplanes.
It's still not under control. Many of my family and their friends have evacuated their homes, not able to gain access to check the status. My cousin Valery and her Joe evacuated Thursday. As of Friday the home was still there, but they have no idea today if it's still there. My parents, brother and sister were within 6 miles of the front, but it shifted north, jumped over Shasta Lake and went back up the ridge to the west. Two of my dads fishing buddies were extremely lucky. Their houses still stand, but many of their neighbors homes immediately around them are gone. It's not just the fire, but all the smoke has affected the air quality for all those around, especially those with respiratory problems or the elderly. My heart goes out to all those affected, and especially the friends, family and co-workers of those who have already lost their lives fighting this fire.

Just a couple pictures.

Dinero 07-28-2018 04:27 PM

Wow!

Damn! Just damn!

Scabbydoo 07-28-2018 04:37 PM

My thoughts and prayers to all those affected by this monster, especially those who lost their lives and their families. Special prayer Mike for your family and friends in the area.

Turbo Turtle 07-28-2018 04:50 PM

Very saddening indeed

BoB

Turbo Turtle 07-28-2018 04:50 PM

Very saddening indeed

BoB

Margarita 07-28-2018 07:14 PM

So many fires. So much damage. Hoping they all end soon.

DAK47 07-29-2018 12:08 PM

Praying for All effected by these damn fires!!! Redding was my first touring destination on my 'ol shovel so has a special place for me. Doubling down on prayer that Redding residents and responders evade Carrs wrath.

Frickking fires of late.....

Dirk

Dinero 07-29-2018 02:26 PM

It almost seems like the whole world is on fire.

Luckily, here it is mostly grass fires all over the state and the loss of dwellings and harm to people has been slight. Thousands upon thousands of acres are burning.

Backroad Mike 08-07-2018 09:17 PM

An update on the Carr fire.

It's burned approximately 140,000 acres. It's about 40 percent contained, but there are still many hot spots and a lot of folks who have not been allowed back into their homes.

Cousin and her husband have been allowed back in and there was no damage to the house. Only some spoiled food in the refer and freezer from the loss of power.

over 1000 homes destroyed, and I believe 7 deaths attributed or linked to the fire.

A second fire burning near clear lake is now the largest on record for the state of California at 283,000 acres. This fire and the Carr fire are now only about 12-15 miles apart.

They have also closed Yosemite National Park for the fire burning there.

Dinero 08-08-2018 10:10 AM

And, it is said, they won't get it under control until some time in September.