The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dyna Discussion (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Prototype Patriot Pipes Defender (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178776)

dynageno 02-21-2011 10:12 PM

Prototype Patriot Pipes Defender

8 Attachment(s)
Installed this prototype pipe on my Dyna today with Sidecar Doug. The pipe is a prototype and was sent to me FREE! All I have to do is give feedback. I took it down the highway and the torque was as good as or better than my Thunderheader. It has a deep muscle car sound when the valve is fully open . The draw backs so far is the trans dip stick not being able to be rmoved all the way and the rattle of the valve in the closed position. Needs improving on the design a bit. I notified the company and let them know about the issues with pics. I think it is a good looking and well performing Exhaust system. They are available for baggers and softails right now.

Note. The heat shields look great when they are installed. not installed in these photos

BigSwede 02-21-2011 11:12 PM

That's a nice lookin pipe!

Infidel! 02-21-2011 11:27 PM

Looks good! Now you know why the Fat Cats have that funky bend in them - to clear the trans dip stick!

huckinfog 02-21-2011 11:53 PM

Looks good!

Xkvator 02-22-2011 05:36 AM

looks good, Geno...

you guys look cold...what was it...down in the 70's...?

y2kflhr 02-22-2011 07:27 AM

I have the same issue with my sampsons, I have to remove the rear pipe to change or check the trans fluid, I don't think that pipe would fit a 1996, I remember seeing that offer....the rattling would drive me nuts after a short ride

Dinero 02-22-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kflhr (Post 1064708)
drive me nuts after a short ride

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

Goldwang 02-22-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas (Post 1064713)
Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kflhr (Post 1064708)
I have the same issue with my sampsons, I have to remove the rear pipe to change or check the trans fluid, I don't think that pipe would fit a 1996, I remember seeing that offer....the rattling would drive me nuts after a short ride

Really????? rattling drives ya nuts.......I am not familiar....:roflback::roflback:

dynageno 02-22-2011 11:16 AM

I will be riding with the valve open all the time anyway-so no rattle, but if I choose to close it, it sounds like the all hell inside of the collector. Must be a remedy somewhere. The dip stick thing is a real problem. can only put it on finger tight or you need a special made tool to loosen it.

Parks 02-22-2011 11:32 AM

It's awfully close to a lot of things on your model bike. Doesn't seem well thought out from that standpoint but it does seem nice in every other way. Someone else makes a baffle system like that. I haven't seen their ads in a while, so I am not sure what happened to them.

dynageno 02-22-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parks (Post 1064808)
It's awfully close to a lot of things on your model bike. Doesn't seem well thought out from that standpoint but it does seem nice in every other way. Someone else makes a baffle system like that. I haven't seen their ads in a while, so I am not sure what happened to them.

Yea, it's the same company, now owned by someone else. The came out about 5 years ago. I remember hearing about it, but they had problems with the valve sticking. The new owners claim they have solved the problem, something to do with a re-design of the shaft for the valve. The heat would cause the metal to expand and make the butterfly stick. We shall see how long this one works.

yolkum 02-22-2011 12:19 PM

you lucky bastage

Scabbydoo 02-22-2011 12:47 PM

Nice look Geno. You didn't say in your write-up but I'm guessing the silver knob to the upper left of the cowbell is the control knob for the butterfly valve.