The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Random Crap (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Semi Southern Observations..... (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209473)

DAK47 10-07-2018 05:27 PM

Semi Southern Observations.....

So been down for two weeks in Stillwater Ok, fly home Tuesday night...

Few things that have struck me after being catapulted into the local culture.
• Folks here are very damn nice, the whole ma’am and sir thing threw me. The admin lady’s name is Kitty, I thought I was in a black and white duster!
• Food, I never had a clue how big of a social thing food is here. I mean everyone brings stuff in every day to share with the staff. Night shift starts the meat on the smoker at 3am for us on days and we do the same for them in return.
• I’m going to learn Spanish me thinks and I have had a variety of Mexican food left on my desk. Most I cannot pronounce but is delicious even the menudo soup....
• Best part is when I return with my L1-A visa that is at home waiting , I can then get social security number, get Ok ID and DL, open a bank account and buy either a G43 or Kimber K6 :DD. I’m not allowed anything under 4.25” barrel in Kanuckastan so I’m itching.....
• Next stop Point Comfort & Morgan’s Point Tx.

Dinero 10-07-2018 05:38 PM

Morgan's Point, TX is about 5 miles from where I live.

Infidel! 10-07-2018 05:51 PM

Are you moving here permanently?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DAK47 10-07-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinero (Post 1514049)

Well now, we will need to twist the top off of a brewskie and meet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel! (Post 1514050)
Are you moving here permanently?

End goal yes but Auto’s Dad and grandkids are a bit of a challenge. The old boy is getting pretty frail so I’ll buy a place in San Antonio or Austin (I think) and we will have to split time. We think we can set her Dad up for a 2 week duration but we are all he has, so.... I don’t recognize Canada anymore, going the way of the UK and Europe.

Infidel! 10-11-2018 10:55 AM

Very cool.

We need more people like you moving here instead of those libtards from Californicatia

Fe Butte 10-11-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel! (Post 1514152)
Very cool.

We need more people like you moving here instead of those libtards from Californicatia

Hey...

Some of us Prune Pickers still believe in America and the Constitution.:sofa:

Your greedy real estate people like the libs moving there agreeing to the jacked up, above normal market, prices of your homes and don't blink an eye at those prices and hand over their money with glee.

Fe Butte 10-11-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAK47 (Post 1514048)
So been down for two weeks in Stillwater Ok, fly home Tuesday night...

Few things that have struck me after being catapulted into the local culture.
• Folks here are very damn nice, the whole ma’am and sir thing threw me. The admin lady’s name is Kitty, I thought I was in a black and white duster!
• Food, I never had a clue how big of a social thing food is here. I mean everyone brings stuff in every day to share with the staff. Night shift starts the meat on the smoker at 3am for us on days and we do the same for them in return.
• I’m going to learn Spanish me thinks and I have had a variety of Mexican food left on my desk. Most I cannot pronounce but is delicious even the menudo soup....
• Best part is when I return with my L1-A visa that is at home waiting , I can then get social security number, get Ok ID and DL, open a bank account and buy either a G43 or Kimber K6 :DD. I’m not allowed anything under 5.25” barrel in Kanuckastan so I’m itching.....
• Next stop Point Comfort & Morgan’s Point Tx.

I have a recipe for salsa down in the Cooking Channel area...

I'll bump it for you to see.

Infidel! 10-11-2018 11:49 AM

Wasn't pointing that at you Tom!

I was taking about the ones that already moved here and want to make TX more like CA

Fe Butte 10-11-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel! (Post 1514156)

I was taking about the ones that already moved here and want to make TX more like CA

Yeah I know, I just don't have the permission to move out that way, and hot environs are also off limits according to the rules of moving.

I did like the area around West TX in the hill country, just that it is so close to the Southern border and the hot in summer restrictions in relocating.

Have my sights set on WY, MT, SD areas.

In fact this coming month off, in January, of the BOM's work allowed "vacation time", we're going to swing through WY and view some of the small towns I have been "shopping" (dream shopping) homes in/ at.

:woohoo:

DaSkip 10-11-2018 04:52 PM

After you get back from Canada we need to set up a meet in Davis, Oklahoma at Smokin' Joe's BBQ. I've heard that their BBQ is amazing! Turner Falls is there as well to check out. :WaffleHouse:

Backroad Mike 10-11-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

This same thing happened in Washington State years ago.

fred1369 10-11-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Back in 1971 I was living in New Mexico. They were complaining about the immigrants from California and Texas.

DAK47 10-12-2018 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaSkip (Post 1514159)
After you get back from Canada we need to set up a meet in Davis, Oklahoma at Smokin' Joe's BBQ. I've heard that their BBQ is amazing! Turner Falls is there as well to check out. :WaffleHouse:

Hell Ya! :bluesbros:

I have to go to my branch in Houston soon also, if that is closer or along the way?!?

Dinero 10-12-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinero (Post 1514049)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAK47 (Post 1514055)
Well now, we will need to twist the top off of a brewskie and meet!

:woohoo::woohoo:

I'm sure we could get a bunch of the Texas riders in for a Meet and Greet. Let me know when.

DaSkip 10-12-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAK47 (Post 1514181)
Hell Ya! :bluesbros:

I have to go to my branch in Houston soon also, if that is closer or along the way?!?

Davis, OK is about in the middle between Stillwater and Ft. Worth.