The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Why We Ride (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198855)

ms_tapestry 12-23-2013 08:41 AM

Why We Ride

I don't remember how I first heard of this documentary, maybe on FB, I dunno, but I watched the trailer and knew I just had to see this. I was working with the distributors attempting to find a location for a screening in Corpus Christi when they released it on DVD. I bought two copies. . one for my roomie Chere Bhere and one for Cowboy (don't tell him because we haven't exchanged gifts yet.)

I gave Chere Bhere's to her yesterday and we watched it together. They nailed it. . .the folks in this documentary "get it." Chere Bhere and I cried all the way through it. Yes, it touched me that much.

Amazon sold out in a couple of days and they are on back order. I bought mine on ebay the first day they released it.

If you get a chance, run, don't walk, to either purchase or view this documentary. I look forward to hearing your own review.

Here's the trailer. . . :Tonya:

griffin 12-23-2013 08:48 AM

awesome !!

ms_tapestry 12-23-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griffin (Post 1384427)
awesome !!

It truly is. The people they interviewed for this documentary are top notch. I didn't know who they all were but at the end of the documentary they introduce them all. Stellar. . .

MegaGlide 12-23-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms_tapestry (Post 1384423)
I don't remember how I first heard of this documentary, maybe on FB, I dunno, but I watched the trailer and knew I just had to see this. I was working with the distributors attempting to find a location for a screening in Corpus Christi when they released it on DVD. I bought two copies. . one for my roomie Chere Bhere and one for Cowboy (don't tell him because we haven't exchanged gifts yet.)

I gave Chere Bhere's to her yesterday and we watched it together. They nailed it. . .the folks in this documentary "get it." Chere Bhere and I cried all the way through it. Yes, it touched me that much.

Amazon sold out in a couple of days and they are on back order. I bought mine on ebay the first day they released it.

If you get a chance, run, don't walk, to either purchase or view this documentary. I look forward to hearing your own review.

Here's the trailer. . . :Tonya:

Boy, it sounds like they do.

griffin 12-23-2013 09:03 AM

where did you buy it !!

ms_tapestry 12-23-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griffin (Post 1384431)
where did you buy it !!

In the email I received they offered it on Amazon and eBay. I chose eBay and it was delivered in three days for $24.95. I would suggest ebay because I have been hearing Amazon has it on back order.

I just searched "Why We Ride" on eBay and they have it in stock.

vafatboy 12-23-2013 09:38 AM

"Don't be scared, its fun, I'll cheer you on"

Pretty deep for a kid.

Dinero 12-23-2013 09:52 AM

I'll just borrow Chere's copy.:whistling:

ms_tapestry 12-23-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinero (Post 1384444)
I'll just borrow Chere's copy.:whistling:

I'm thinking we should bring it by for a viewing! :laugh:

Fe Butte 12-23-2013 10:41 AM

Made me cry.

Need to pre order.

Dinero 12-23-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms_tapestry (Post 1384451)
I'm thinking we should bring it by for a viewing! :laugh:

Sounds reasonable to me.

d j 12-23-2013 07:08 PM

OK. I ordered one off of eBay. Free ship. Maybe it'll help with the PMS.

Fe Butte 12-23-2013 07:29 PM

Ordered!

orbit 12-23-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d j (Post 1384532)
OK. I ordered one off of eBay. Free ship. Maybe it'll help with the PMS.

Yeah, I did too.

There have been a few viewings nearby (Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago) the past six weeks or so. I attended none. Just wasn't possible.

I've heard good things about this movie. Now a copy is on it's way.

Another good movie is 'American Cafe'. It's available from Amazon as well. It's about the Slimey Crud Run that's held up here the first Sunday in May and the first Sunday in October. It tells the story of how the Crud Run came to be and what it's become today. The tale sorta reminds me of this place and the characters found within.

:DD

DaSkip 12-23-2013 08:25 PM

I can't tell you......how much.