The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Accessories (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Love the Aquatic AV radio head (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208345)

Rock 09-11-2017 04:42 PM

Love the Aquatic AV radio head

2 Attachment(s)
Meant to make a post about this. This was a direct replacement for my OEM Harmon Kardon. Way more power, bluetooth, color screen, and do-dads. Even has a spot to store your phone behind the removable face and charge for long trips. Works with your hand controls. I had this in and out in about 45 mins and Harley made 4 side screws very difficult to get at. No wiring, just plug and play. Now I need to upgrade my four speakers because the OEM can't survive the push.

If you're looking for a radio replacement from the ~ 2006 range of bikes I highly recommend.

why_me 09-11-2017 04:47 PM

Nice! All I need to do is get a bagger...

BigTOE 09-11-2017 04:51 PM

Outstanding. Don't be thumpin' with the stock speakers. Unless you like to ride with a buzz. :DD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fe Butte 09-11-2017 05:48 PM

Shouldn't ride with a buzz...:whistling:

Backroad Mike 09-12-2017 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by why_me (Post 1502959)
Nice! All I need to do is get a bagger...

Might as well, the Prophet rides a bagger now.

Captain 41 09-12-2017 05:12 AM

Thanks for posting, I had looked at that unit for quite sometime but never pulled the trigger on it. I have the iPod interface just never installed it. I'm liking this much better.

Ancient Iron 09-12-2017 07:22 AM

Have you had it out in the rain yet? I ask because I'm on my third, supposed to be water resistant, Sony head unit.

On the last warranty swap, the Sony lady informed me these units were "water resistant", NOT "rain resistant".

:doh:

Bone Stockman 09-12-2017 07:50 AM

I've heard really good things about those.

Fe Butte 09-12-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancient Iron (Post 1503003)
Have you had it out in the rain yet? I ask because I'm on my third, supposed to be water resistant, Sony head unit.

On the last warranty swap, the Sony lady informed me these units were "water resistant", NOT "rain resistant".

What does that mean, relativity humidity up to 85%?:doh:

Captain 41 09-12-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

I've been reading reviews about them all morning, manufacturer says its waterproof and from the forum threads I read doesn't seem like its an issue.

par_fore 09-12-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a good design for motorcycles :blink:

Backroad Mike 09-12-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fe Butte (Post 1503011)
What does that mean, relativity humidity up to 85%?:doh:

Means your likely going to void that warranty if you live anywhere between Texas and PA. :doh:

lil Pistolero DPH 09-12-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backroad Mike (Post 1503041)
Means your likely going to void that warranty if you live anywhere between Texas and PA. :doh:

:roflback:

dynageno 09-13-2017 04:19 PM

SWEET!

Rock 09-13-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Yes caught in a few down pours. Even wash the bike with the face still on. No issues. I searched a radio for bike purposes so I didn't have to marine it myself (plastic wrap over the top and butt of the radio so moisture does not seep into the electronics).

***I DID LIE ABOUT ONE PART THAT I JUST REMEMBERED*** :yikes:
I did have to tap into the wires for for my rear speakers. The plug was only for the front two speakers. Hardest part was finding a diagram to know what color the wires are that run from the rear speakers.