The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Random Crap (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Tried a Five Hour drink (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209302)

Fe Butte 08-08-2018 10:28 AM

Tried a Five Hour drink

Energy Drink...

While on my 655 mile push home between Evanston WY and home.

Was getting really sleepy between Ely NV and Tonopah NV, took a couple of rest stops to drink some water eat some nut mix and share that with the "locals".

When I gassed up in Tonopah I tried my first Five Hour drink, I now have (had) a five hour monkey on my back.

Luckily it wore off around 10:00 PM . . .

It did list that one shouldn't drink it while nursing, wish I'd read that before drinking it... :s_e_grin:

}

Ol Mike 08-08-2018 12:14 PM

There is a bordello [ don't ask ] in Ely, NV.
If one of the girls drinks one of these, does that make her a "HIgh HO ?

Fe Butte 08-08-2018 06:39 PM

Maybe this is the place?

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map...r/view/google/

{

DAK47 08-08-2018 07:41 PM

I’ve got a few superintendents & general foreman that live off that stuff on our twelve hour shifts.

I’ll never forget the one particularly avid user who forgot his daily ration in camp and only had one left in the fridge for the entire shift.

Halfway thru his shift he was greyer than a dead carp on the riverbank in the in the sun for two days. I was genuinely concerned for his wellbeing.....

Scary crap.

Dirk

Backroad Mike 08-08-2018 08:41 PM

I stop at a couple different convenience stores in our area frequently in the morning for a coffee and some type of breakfast item. There is ALWAYS someone in front of me with anywhere from 1 to 3 energy drinks.

Coffee is my only energy drink, and it's usually 1/3 decaf. :whistling:

Fe Butte 08-08-2018 09:30 PM

Yeah, I'm only going to imbibe it on "leaving the group" putting lots of distance between me and them.

I'll usually hit a coffee shop or a cafe that has pie and coffee.

But I was hauling ass as far away as I could get in short order.

Most of my two lane routes don't intrest them, because of my input of some nice riding on these roads, AKA, don't give us any input because we know better, you were just a lowly mechanic.

:s_e_grin:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Harry The M 08-09-2018 12:08 PM

Cattle haulers in Texas Drink a warm Dr Pepper and aspirin ...Go Go juice

Scabbydoo 08-09-2018 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=Fe Butte;1512485]Yeah, I'm only going to imbibe it on "leaving the group" putting lots of distance between me and them.

I'll usually hit a coffee shop or a cafe that has pie and coffee.

But I was hauling ass as far away as I could get in short order.

Most of my two lane routes don't intrest them, because of my input of some nice riding on these roads, AKA, don't give us any input because we know better, you were just a lowly mechanic.

:s_e_grin:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Them the guys you was with in Spearfish?

Fe Butte 08-09-2018 11:05 PM

Them's the ones.

This year there was something strange, the guy in front of me would slow and fall out of the group, causing me to slow down and fall back from the group.

He repeated this every time we got back into group distance.

Then one time I noticed he wouldn't do it if I stayed 100 Yds or more back, so... I closed the gap till we were grouped up, and he did it again.

I stayed at the "prescribed" (forced) distance and he stopped falling back out of the group.

When they pulled off the highway at Rapid City HD, I just twisted the wick till I got back to the house, packed my stuff and hightailed it for home.

Total BS!

Turbo Turtle 08-10-2018 02:34 AM

Last ride with the greater than thou types my guess :whistling:
I have to ride alone 99$%+ of the time. Mainly because nobody I know can or will ride at speed through the twisties anymore. The only group type riding I've ever done is with you guys. Everyone I've met here seams to have an accentuated degree of riding skill and respect :bowdown:

bob

Margarita 08-10-2018 09:31 AM

Tom very patiently tailed me back from Little Bighorn Battlefield. Fear of speed didn't keep me back; a bike that tops out at much lower mph than all the Harleys on that trip did. I usually ride alone or with my husband and wouldn't have minded riding back alone but group rules and/or gentlemanly demeanor apparently doomed the poor guy to legal speeds all the way home.

Fe Butte 08-10-2018 11:55 AM

It's what I do...

Got talked into leading a ride from the motel to Virginia City by motorcycling guests one year.

We set out on some nice two lanes, with some twisties, at the first good curve I noticed there was nobody behind me.

I cut my speed until they caught up and started taking the curves only 5 above the cautionary speed sign.

It worked out to a long day, wore them out, round trip was around 200 miles IIRC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Backroad Mike 08-10-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fe Butte (Post 1512523)
Them's the ones.

This year there was something strange, the guy in front of me would slow and fall out of the group, causing me to slow down and fall back from the group.

He repeated this every time we got back into group distance.

Then one time I noticed he wouldn't do it if I stayed 100 Yds or more back, so... I closed the gap till we were grouped up, and he did it again.

I stayed at the "prescribed" (forced) distance and he stopped falling back out of the group.

When they pulled off the highway at Rapid City HD, I just twisted the wick till I got back to the house, packed my stuff and hightailed it for home.

Total BS!

You should have called him out as a douche bag in front of his friends first, then said on the way out A. M. F's... Won't have to worry about them calling again. :whistling:

DAK47 08-10-2018 06:10 PM

Jeezus Tom! You need to run in different circles man..... Life is too short to hang with azzholes.

Dirk

Dinero 08-10-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAK47 (Post 1512548)
Jeezus Tom! You need to run in different circles man..... Life is too short to hang with azzholes.

Dirk

^ This.^