The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classics (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Where Did You First Meet Your Wife? (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135072)

darrell 01-28-2008 09:22 AM

I don't think he's married.

So iffin any of you ladies readin this are lookin...

darrell 01-28-2008 09:23 AM

Oh, and I haven't met my first ex wife yet.

Dinero 01-28-2008 09:45 AM

I interviewed her for a job. She stayed.

Type O 01-28-2008 10:11 AM

i met my first wife at church she was doing the preachers son on the desk .
i met my second wife at church she was the catch of a life time havent looked back shes 8 years younger .getem while there young boys that way they they can still push the bike when it breaks down:roflback:

HarleyWood 01-28-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainkowboy (Post 264454)
We meet in a local country bar.........she picked my drunkin ex up off the bathroom floor and returned her to me, carried her home like a 6-pack. Got a divorce a year later. That was 13 years ago, we've been married for 7 years now.:blink:

at least she wasn't carryin' her like a bowling ball...

just sayin..:blink:

MegaGlide 01-28-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HARLET (Post 264932)
i met my first wife at church she was doing the preachers son on the desk .
i met my second wife at church she was the catch of a life time havent looked back shes 8 years younger .getem while there young boys that way they they can still push the bike when it breaks down:roflback:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that your dad is a preacher, right?

HarleyWood 01-28-2008 10:37 AM

I met mine in Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. She was a drill instructor and was assigned to our company on TDY, we worked in the same platoon and stayed in touch after she left.

We'll be celebrating our 25th this year.

TimmyD 01-28-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darrell (Post 264879)
Oh, and I haven't met my first ex wife yet.

That's OK...

...I haven't met my future second ex-wife yet either...:blink:

hornrocker 01-28-2008 10:47 AM

OK, I met my wife at work back in 1978. The day she started there, I thought she was cute, so, at lunch I got a buddy to walk over to the table she was sitting at with a bunch of other girls.

My buddy and I picked her, and her chair up and carried her over to my table. She turned so RED that I thought she might spontaneously combust.

We didn't actually start going out then... I was just messin' around.

A month or so later we were at the same party (we all partied together, always). She needed a ride home, so I took her home, I made her give me a goodnight kiss - yeah, she turned RED again.

Any way, a month or so later I decided I wanted to ask her out, sooo, I went up to her at the time clock when we were all waiting to punch out... I took her hand and wrote my phone number in the palm with a magic marker. I said, "if you want to go out with me, call," and walked away.

I left, and went drinkin' with my buddies, when I got home at around 11PM that night my mom said, "hey, some girl called you, the number is by the phone."

5 months later, we got married.

I didn't think she'd call :blink:

29 years this coming July :blink: :blink:

Dogbreath1956 01-28-2008 12:10 PM

I was dating a high school friend and getting bugged by her incredibly obnoxius little sister. I told the little girl that I would take out her when she was of age if she quit bugging me. Cycle ahead 10 years and I come home after my first tour overseas. She's over 18 and reminds me what I promised. She expected a trip to the ice cream parlor, but nooooo, I had to be special. Even put on a tie to take her out and did not crank AC/DC on the tape deck. So special that after 23 years, 3 kids, 2 cross contry moves, including one to Japan, she still reminds me that I owe her an ice cream cone, even though I tell that Starbucks is a subsistute.

route66paul 01-28-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayRider (Post 264088)
In Jr. High School..8th grade. It was instantly apparent that she was crazy about me.

You were a teacher before you were a pipefitter?

route66paul 01-28-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainkowboy (Post 264454)
We meet in a local country bar.........she picked my drunkin ex up off the bathroom floor and returned her to me, carried her home like a 6-pack. Got a divorce a year later. That was 13 years ago, we've been married for 7 years now.:blink:

You carried her home with 2 fingers?

route66paul 01-28-2008 12:32 PM

We met in high School Geometry. She did not like my GF and told me why. I got an "A" in the class, she only passed because she promised she would go no further in math. We started dating 1 year out of High School, she asked me and I said whatever. 34 years married - a prisoner of love.

rk custom 01-28-2008 01:09 PM

I met the mother of my children (Andrea) and the only woman I've been married to at a bar I worked at. I was a bouncer at this local biker bar in central Illinois. The bar tender didn't show up for his shift so I covered for him. This beautiful young girl walked in to the bar carring her sandles. She had no idea what to order so I made her a fuzzy navel. I was taken with her beauty and was attracted to her more than normal. We talked a little and she gave me her phone#. I sort of forgot about her until she started hanging around with one of the girls I was dating. We got to know each other little by little but she was scared of me and wouldn't go out on a date. I finnaly had to offer her a ride on my panhead to get her out and see I wasn't a mad rapist or something. We have three kids together but drugs, booze and unfaithfulness that go along with that life style split us apart. We are good friends now and talk.

Christy my girlfriend now. Our story is really simple. After Andrea and I were sepperated one of my best friends (Christy's sister) introduced us. We have been together ever since.

PeaceKeeper 01-28-2008 01:18 PM

I met my wife in a post war zone, Kosovo. I was a UN Commander and she was a KPS Major. Bad situations brought us together, we learned we could trust each other and it grew from there. Been together 9 years, married 4.
She is awesome with an AK-47 and a Glock.