The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sportster (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Piccys of the new XR 1200 first in the UK. (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142278)

BigTed 05-28-2008 06:55 AM

Piccys of the new XR 1200 first in the UK.

14 Attachment(s)
As promised the XR 1200 piccys.

Some smartyass can arrange and sort them and make them bigger etc. thank you.

Or make a poll to see if liked or not.

You can see by the rain that it was a beautiful day for Scotland.

fr8dog 05-28-2008 07:37 AM

Cool lookin' ride, can even make it a mini-bagger! Thanks for postin' the piccys BT.

Dirty Dan 05-28-2008 08:01 AM

Nice bike, Ted. Congrats.

BigTed 05-28-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtydan (Post 394664)
Nice bike, Ted. Congrats.

They ain't my bikes it's the demos sent over for the UK I knew where they were (don't ask) and was allowed to take piccys only on condition that I posted them for the illustrious and esteemed members of DC so no zINts are allowed to look at them just Doofs.
They are only allowed to be driven by Harley dealer staff and accompanied by the UK guy from Harley. Every test ride has resulted in the driver being pulled up for doing something not approved of by him. eg the rider was bouncing up and down on the pegs to see what like the suspension was while going slow, "don't do that" the staff think it is a LOS (loadofsh1t), they were pulled up for going too fast, 70mph the list is endless. The only thing they seem to like about it is the swingarm.
There are wirelike metal tubes for brackets all over the place that destroys the look of the whole engine and have a look at the oil pipes/hoses between the cylinders, it is fitted with a side up oil cooler next to the filter.

Highmiles 05-28-2008 10:04 AM

I see industrial gray powdercoat has replaced all chrome. Must be trying to cut down the reflections on the day you get sunshine.

BigTed 05-28-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highmiles (Post 394775)
I see industrial gray powdercoat has replaced all chrome. Must be trying to cut down the reflections on the day you get sunshine.

What is this "SUNSHINE" you speak of?

dzlfitr 05-28-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTed (Post 394748)
They ain't my bikes it's the demos sent over for the UK I knew where they were (don't ask) and was allowed to take piccys only on condition that I posted them for the illustrious and esteemed members of DC so no zINts are allowed to look at them just Doofs.
They are only allowed to be driven by Harley dealer staff and accompanied by the UK guy from Harley. Every test ride has resulted in the driver being pulled up for doing something not approved of by him. eg the rider was bouncing up and down on the pegs to see what like the suspension was while going slow, "don't do that" the staff think it is a LOS (loadofsh1t), they were pulled up for going too fast, 70mph the list is endless. The only thing they seem to like about it is the swingarm.
There are wirelike metal tubes for brackets all over the place that destroys the look of the whole engine and have a look at the oil pipes/hoses between the cylinders, it is fitted with a side up oil cooler next to the filter.

Damn....too late.:blink:

Jams 05-28-2008 10:39 AM

Not wanting to be a smartas$$ :whistling: I will ask a dumba$$ question. :DD

So these are actual MoCo production bikes and the XR designation on the tank badges is for real? :unsure:

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/att...1&d=1211975435

Very cool :verycool:

dynageno 05-28-2008 10:49 AM

I like that bike! Congrats

BigSwede 05-28-2008 10:59 AM

Definitely looks very Euro..... Not bad looking though.

TJ Willy 05-28-2008 11:05 AM

Some of the design is nice. I like the air cleaner but wonder how something so small could hold an air filter.

I wonder how the riding position feels. By the shifter, it looks like your knees are bent slightly more than normal.

It looks like a lot of fun to ride.

BigTed 05-28-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Willy (Post 394840)
Some of the design is nice. I like the air cleaner but wonder how something so small could hold an air filter.

I wonder how the riding position feels. By the shifter, it looks like your knees are bent slightly more than normal.

It looks like a lot of fun to ride.

The air filter runs along under the tank, one of the piccys shows the intake at the front the air filter is inside it.

TJ Willy 05-28-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTed (Post 394887)
The air filter runs along under the tank, one of the piccys shows the intake at the front the air filter is inside it.

Ahhh - I see. Missed that.

In that same pic, what is the round plate that looks like it has the number 44 on it? Right below/in front of the front jug exhaust?

BigTed 05-28-2008 03:50 PM

Road Tax disc, similar to I think what you call tags. has the month and year it expires on it. Has to be renewed each year £68.00 about $140.00 for a bike that size.

ridingjerry 06-17-2008 10:24 AM

Congratulations.
Really a very nice looking bike.

But why do they call it an XR if the intake and exhaust on the heads
is just like a regular sporty?