The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Riding Stories and Adventures (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   North Texas Hammer Heads (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187047)

Dinero 02-19-2012 06:25 PM

North Texas Hammer Heads

4 Attachment(s)
A couple of them rode down and I found another on the road heading for Cranfills Gap this afternoon. Pretty good ride and a pretty good sandwich. It just barely got to 60° this afternoon.

An interesting side note: I had to take about a 25-mile detour to get there due to a goat escape. There must have been somewhere in the vicinity of 40 of them split on both sides of the road. I stopped in plenty of time and tried to wait them out. While waiting, I saw a hugh Great Pyrenees come up out of the left bar ditch and point me. Then one came out of the right bar ditch. I would have rode slowly through the goats but I wasn't. messing with the dogs. I backed around to the side of the road and headed back the way I came. I went back to Chilton and then up to Meridian to get to Cranfills Gap.

Discretion is the better part of valor, you know.

noodles 02-19-2012 07:02 PM

I love pictures & puppys!!

Robo 02-19-2012 07:42 PM

NICE!!! One day, I'll have to drop in on y'all.

MrSurly 02-19-2012 08:10 PM

Dang! Wish I coulda!

OKC Fatboy 02-19-2012 09:09 PM

I miss you guys! Maybe I can make it next time!

Git Real 02-19-2012 09:13 PM

Hey...I know them Texicans.... Glad you guys got out.... Good on ya'll.

Dinero 02-19-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodles (Post 1206963)
I love pictures & puppys!!

These weren't puppies. I'd bet each of them was 150 pounds.

DaSkip 02-19-2012 09:44 PM

I had a great time today. It was great to dine, shoot the breeze and ride with Jim, Dan and Ken.

Ken R 02-19-2012 11:33 PM

It was a good time, Skip.

So I'd been riding along solo for almost 2 hours on the way down. Far in the distance I saw a speck topping the next rise. I speed up. The speck grows in size ever so slowly. Gosh, 4 or 5 miles go by and I've speeded up to ludicrous speed to see who it might be. Finally close to within 100 yards and see a rebel flag do-rag over some silver white hair. I only know one person with a rebel flag do-rag . . . . but he has short hair!

The hair really threw me off. Then, there it was across his tourpac, "Dinero No Mas". Hey, Jim! I rode up next to him and waved.:Poke: :yikes:
I'm sure he knew it was me . . . . considering my nerdy HiVis full face helmet and all.

By then, we were less than a mile out. Jim took the lead and guided me to the Horny Toad Bar and Grille . . . . the one that doesn't have hot coffee.

The trip back was good, too. The road climbed and descended and twisted left and right about as much as any road in N. Central Texas can. Jim led us to a junction where he went left and we went right . . . . towards Hico (the pie place).

From there, it was Dan, Skip, and me. Nice roads, a few twists (I really enjoy riding curves with Dan), not too much traffic, and an hour later we were back in southwest edge of the DFW Metroplex. I still had about an hour and a half to go before getting home, but the traffic was flowing well and I was smiling.

I'm glad I made the last minute decision to go. My motorcycle hasn't seen much highway riding in several months. It still knows how to go straight and lean into curves.:whistling:

Oh, and the new tires felt soooooo smooth!

BillyB 02-20-2012 01:08 AM

Sounds like a good time! What's this about Dinero getting a haircut??

d j 02-20-2012 07:12 AM

Vera Nice.

Sleeveless 02-20-2012 07:38 AM

Looks like a great time, thanks for sharing. :)

ms_tapestry 02-20-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyB (Post 1207107)
Sounds like a good time! What's this about Dinero getting a haircut??

Sigh. . .

griffin 03-01-2018 04:06 PM

does he need one in Ingram this year ?

Dinero 03-01-2018 07:04 PM

Nah.

Thank you anyway.