The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Random Crap (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Is there a way... (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208248)

why_me 08-22-2017 08:58 PM

Is there a way...

To track board activity, say over the past 8 years to see what it was like then and track it to what it is now?

Just curious.

:coffee:

Bone Stockman 08-22-2017 09:07 PM

I've seen some forums with a "Stats" tab. Don't know if our software supports that. I do know that there's been more traffic, from more people over the last 48 hours than I've seen here in a long, long time.

why_me 08-22-2017 09:10 PM

I get re-invigorated from time to time. Lamp shade is on my head, trying to be the life of the party.

:RR

Bone Stockman 08-22-2017 09:14 PM

I've seen lots of names in the bar over the course of the day that I haven't seen in a long, long time. We may be able to breathe some life into the old girl. She's been neglected too long.

why_me 08-22-2017 09:17 PM

I'm all about the documentation. We all have seen it, but I like to have tangible proof. Cause and effect...forensics.

:DD

Scabbydoo 08-22-2017 10:31 PM

I've been here. Where the hell yinz been?

lil Pistolero DPH 08-22-2017 10:32 PM

Problem is, is that everyone is too damned nice. Sometimes you just have to say. Yes dear, that dress makes your ass look fat. I'm sorry to hurt your feelings but this OTHER place has your size........

why_me 08-22-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scabbydoo (Post 1501575)
I've been here. Where the hell yinz been?

There was a fun vacuum that made things unpleasant.

https://cf.girlsaskguys.com/a29190/8...5f1d7df27b.jpg

BillyB 08-22-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by why_me (Post 1501511)
To track board activity, say over the past 8 years to see what it was like then and track it to what it is now?

Just curious.

:coffee:

It's not necessarily apples to apples when you start the comparison. There have obviously been fewer posts on the board but social media is also much more prevalent today and many of us post on the Doof facebook site and it gets used a lot for ride planning.

The board is much better as a resource than facebook though since it's an archive and easier to find discussions. It's great to see the forum getting more attention and having good friends return to the clubhouse and talk about all the fun we have riding :cheers:

why_me 08-22-2017 10:59 PM

Absolutely, Billy. However, facebook has been around for a long time, I'm just curious about the overall activity of the board. We've had peaks and valleys through the years, but the decline over the past few years have been heart breaking, at least to me. I treat social media differently than others, I know. For me it is passing time while passing yesterday's meal. This board has been more of a fellowship for me. A common ground for like minded folks to get together and share life and bust chops, always with love in their heart. i"m hoping that we can rub some paddles, yell clear, and jump start this place that I have loved for a decade now. Call me nostalgic, but I miss the old days of Friday Night Jukebox, trying diplomacy with squirrels, and just general tomfoolery that made this place great to not only pass time, but to make great friends. Here's to hoisting a glass to the future and praying it is as bright as I remember the past.

BigTOE 08-22-2017 11:08 PM

Hear! Hear! A lot of us feel this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bone Stockman 08-23-2017 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyB (Post 1501582)
It's not necessarily apples to apples when you start the comparison. There have obviously been fewer posts on the board but social media is also much more prevalent today and many of us post on the Doof facebook site and it gets used a lot for ride planning.

The board is much better as a resource than facebook though since it's an archive and easier to find discussions. It's great to see the forum getting more attention and having good friends return to the clubhouse and talk about all the fun we have riding :cheers:

Respectfully Billy, you're missing the two big elephants in the room.

Captain 41 08-23-2017 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by why_me (Post 1501586)
Absolutely, Billy. However, facebook has been around for a long time, I'm just curious about the overall activity of the board. We've had peaks and valleys through the years, but the decline over the past few years have been heart breaking, at least to me. I treat social media differently than others, I know. For me it is passing time while passing yesterday's meal. This board has been more of a fellowship for me. A common ground for like minded folks to get together and share life and bust chops, always with love in their heart. i"m hoping that we can rub some paddles, yell clear, and jump start this place that I have loved for a decade now. Call me nostalgic, but I miss the old days of Friday Night Jukebox, trying diplomacy with squirrels, and just general tomfoolery that made this place great to not only pass time, but to make great friends. Here's to hoisting a glass to the future and praying it is as bright as I remember the past.

Well said! As a relative noob on this message board it sounds like there were good times to be had in the past but that doesn't mean that the future is bleak. Cheers to reinvigorating the forum and a bright future

Bone Stockman 08-23-2017 07:03 AM

MDCFA (Make Doof Clenas Fun Again).

Fe Butte 08-23-2017 07:29 AM

My view of facey book, is be careful as I think it is like drinking from the poison well.

"They" work diligently to adjust our thoughts.

Welcome back everyone!