The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classics (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Was the Cushman butcher right? (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134249)

Woody218 01-15-2008 08:52 AM

Was the Cushman butcher right?

Before he shagged outta here in a huff, CustomBikeMike/Gazoo wrote, " This place has nothing to do with motorcycles and everything to do with smart assed remarks."

Was he right?

stoney 01-15-2008 08:53 AM

What kind of smart assed remark is that???:roflback: :roflback:

Fe Butte 01-15-2008 08:57 AM

I didn't know he left.

Gone for a week and a half and now this.

The things you miss when you step away from the screen.

thrasher 01-15-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody218 (Post 250702)
Before he shagged outta here in a huff, CustomBikeMike/Gazoo wrote, " This place has nothing to do with motorcycles and everything to do with smart assed remarks."

Was he right?

Berserker had it right.

There are a decent amount of threads that are bike related, but are still being posted in Off Topic. However, there is such a massive quantity of other threads being created in Off Topic that the bike related ones get purged out pretty quickly.

Best thing to do is post the bike releated ones in General Bike Discussions forum where they won't disappear so quickly.

dynageno 01-15-2008 09:25 AM

Good advice Thrasher

dzlfitr 01-15-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrasher (Post 250725)
Berserker had it right.

There are a decent amount of threads that are bike related, but are still being posted in Off Topic. However, there is such a massive quantity of other threads being created in Off Topic that the bike related ones get purged out pretty quickly.

Best thing to do is post the bike releated ones in General Bike Discussions forum where they won't disappear so quickly.

Fer cryin' out loud..........Let's not be thowin'
common sense inta the mix.:roflback:

dzlfitr

BigBurger 01-15-2008 09:31 AM

Wazoo made his share of smart assed remarks, didn't he?
:wtf2:

fxr4mikey 01-15-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBurger (Post 250742)
Wazoo made his share of smart assed remarks, didn't he?
:wtf2:

he made his share of them, YES

and when he got all huffed up with himself, I asked him that ....... to which he never responded

yes Woody, there are a lot of GRAB ASS threads and remarks ......... but I see that as a part of the cultural environment of this group of people. It's a part of who we are and the way we are. It doesn't preclude that one can not ask a 'serious' question. Rock often suggest to folks here, and states for him self, that if you have a 'serious' question, so state it in the title line of your thread.

Also I've found that putting my 'serious' threads in the appropriate category that I don't see the wise cracks there. And frankly, I REALLY APPRECIATE that too !

Uesque 01-15-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxr4mikey (Post 250751)
he made his share of them, YES

and when he got all huffed up with himself, I asked him that ....... to which he never responded

yes Woody, there are a lot of GRAB ASS threads and remarks ......... but I see that as a part of the cultural environment of this group of people. It's a part of who we are and the way we are. It doesn't preclude that one can not ask a 'serious' question. Rock often suggest to folks here, and states for him self, that if you have a 'serious' question, so state it in the title line of your thread.

Also I've found that putting my 'serious' threads in the appropriate category that I don't see the wise cracks there. And frankly, I REALLY APPRECIATE that too !

Being a smart ass is the reason I come here. Are you telling me there are threads outside of Off Topic and the Clubhouse? I'm going to have to investigate this for myself.

GrayRider 01-15-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody218 (Post 250702)
Was the Cushman butcher right?

No.

Ask yourself, "Have I ever asked or responded to a motorcycle question here?"..

"Have I ever ridden motorcycles with anyone here?"

"Has anyone ever helped me evaluate a motorcycle purchase from here?"

"Have I had fellowship and companionship and relationship with any motorcycle riders here?"

Geezer-Glide 01-15-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayRider (Post 250763)
No.

Ask yourself, "Have I ever asked or responded to a motorcycle question here?"..

"Have I ever ridden motorcycles with anyone here?"

"Has anyone ever helped me evaluate a motorcycle purchase from here?"

"Have I had fellowship and companionship and relationship with any motorcycle riders here?"

Every once in awhile you make sense. You scare me when you do that. Makes me think, who are you and what did you do with the real Gray.

:sofa:

But I still love ya!!

Was that a smart assed response?

Xkvator 01-15-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayRider (Post 250763)
No.

Ask yourself, "Have I ever asked or responded to a motorcycle question here?"..yes

"Have I ever ridden motorcycles with anyone here?" yes

"Has anyone ever helped me evaluate a motorcycle purchase from here?"yes

"Have I had fellowship and companionship and relationship with any motorcycle riders here?"yes

next question...?

thedog 01-15-2008 10:22 AM

Did he leave? I'm surprised and I hope not. If so, I reckon he was no daisy. He was no daisy at all. Poor soul, he was just too high strung.

It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear.

GrayRider 01-15-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrasher (Post 250725)
Berserker had it right.

You are absolutely correct. I have advised all moderators to move all future bike related threads to "General Bike Discussions" as needed. We should have been doing this all along...apologies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide (Post 250774)
Every once in awhile you make sense. You scare me when you do that. Makes me think, who are you and what did you do with the real Gray.

:sofa:

But I still love ya!!

Was that a smart assed response?

Yes,..yes it was. I like that though, that's what motorcycle buddies do.

As far as Gazoo goes, he made a huge deal about himself being a smartass and trouble maker when he first came here. He bragged about it and invited debate. And he himself, dished it out pretty good. Apparently, he turned out to be just another one with thin skin.

I saw nothing in the thread, that pissed him off, that would warrant the comments that he made in anger. There certainly was some good natured ribbing, but there was also some good advice mixed in.

If he's gone, it's his loss.

Xkvator 01-15-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayRider (Post 250781)
You are absolutely correct. I have advised all moderators to move all future bike related threads to "General Bike Discussions" as needed. We should have been doing this all along...apologies.

Please read this thread from last year

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583

i really hate to mention this again, but you can see that in my infinite wisdom, i saw what was going to happen in the future...

do you think i just sit here all day "ass grabbing"...?:nope:

jus' sayin'...:bleh: