The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask The Techs... (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   '10 ULTRA CLASSIC... (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209144)

dzlfitr 06-08-2018 02:33 PM

'10 ULTRA CLASSIC...
 
....don't have an electrical manual.
What wire feeds the accessory switch, and what wire feeds the spot lamp switch?

I want to change wiring so spot lamps will stay on with high beam.
Figured I would do this while bike is blown apart for paint.

Thanks dzl

Infidel! 06-08-2018 03:33 PM

This diagram has been on the interwebs for many years. Don't know if it answers your questions, but it seems to be the go-to for keeping the spots on with high beam for pre-rushmore models


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...1a2d7b325e.gif

dzlfitr 06-08-2018 03:45 PM

That was what I was thinking. Just wasn`t sure about year.
I can`t see the Motor Company changing anything in those switches from `07 to `10.

Thanks. Daniel

Jackwagon 06-08-2018 04:56 PM

Ya want me to come up and fix it for ya????:whistling:

Backroad Mike 06-08-2018 09:19 PM

How about just purchasing Harley Part 69200441.

Independent Control Auxiliary Lamp Wiring harness Kit

Allows control of aux lights with High or Low beam.

Works fine on my 2011.

$ 29.95

stoney 06-08-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backroad Mike (Post 1510838)
How about just purchasing Harley Part 69200441.

Independent Control Auxiliary Lamp Wiring harness Kit

Allows control of aux lights with High or Low beam.

Works fine on my 2011.

$ 29.95

This. Works on my 2009. Don't be such a cheap bastage.:whistling:

dzlfitr 06-08-2018 09:47 PM

Running an 80/110 watt headlamp and 55 watt passing lamps. Math tells me too much load for one 15 amp circuit.

Besides the bike is blown apart for paint.

Eh.

stoney 06-09-2018 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzlfitr (Post 1510842)
Running an 80/110 watt headlamp and 55 watt passing lamps. Math tells me too much load for one 15 amp circuit.

Besides the bike is blown apart for paint.

Eh.

LED's. Just sayin'.

Backroad Mike 06-09-2018 06:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I tried running 55 watt passing lamps. Ended up melting the housing.

80/100? Damn, you can cook a steak on that.

I'm using this Crylon headlight below, It's a couple years old and they've got a new model out now. Haven't tried the update.

Second pick is the LED spotlights I'm using.

Best set up I've had in 13 years.

Day or night, straight or twisties, I'm happy. :woohoo:

Jackwagon 06-09-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoney (Post 1510839)
This. Works on my 2009. Don't be such a cheap bastage.:whistling:

:roflback::roflback::roflback::roflback::roflback:
Yea, quit being a cheap bastage.

BigTOE 06-09-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backroad Mike (Post 1510838)
How about just purchasing Harley Part 69200441.



Independent Control Auxiliary Lamp Wiring harness Kit



Allows control of aux lights with High or Low beam.



Works fine on my 2011.



$ 29.95



Iíve got the one I snagged off my Ď05 when I traded. Iím pretty sure itís the same part. If I can find it in my disaster of a garage Iíll send it to you and you can continue on being a cheap bastage. :D


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigTOE 06-09-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTOE (Post 1510855)
Iíve got the one I snagged off my Ď05 when I traded. Iím pretty sure itís the same part. If I can find it in my disaster of a garage Iíll send it to you and you can continue on being a cheap bastage. :D


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



PMith me thou address.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...59ae5869fd.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackwagon 06-09-2018 09:47 PM

And the cheap bastageness continues!!!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 - 2016 doofclenas.com, LLC
The Doof Clenas 43 logo is a registered trademark of doofclenas.com, LLC