The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Riders Clothing, Gear, Helmets, etc. (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Helmet Shopping, full face type / 2017 (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207846)

Fe Butte 05-08-2017 06:59 PM

Helmet Shopping, full face type / 2017

OK, have heard Schuberth are good, I like the fit of Arai.

Compared to Arai Signet-X (replacing the Sig Q?) how is the Schuberth R2?

I do have the long chin and like the fit of the Arai, have heard the Schuberth is about the same in fit?

Oops, looks like the R 2 is a new design and are pre order right now.

orbit 05-08-2017 10:48 PM

Can't answer your question on either helmet you mention, but I totally dig my Shoei GT-Air.

Bone Stockman 05-09-2017 06:21 AM

I have both a Signet Q and a C3Pro. They're both great helmets, but I haven't touched the Arai since I got the Schuberth. The C3Pro Is ridiculously comfortable and quiet, and it's a modular, so I can drink while I'm riding, and I can talk to other riders at stops. Based on my experience, I wouldn't buy another non-modular helmet.

The Schuberth is ridiculously expensive, but it does what it's supposed to do very, very well.

Fe Butte 05-09-2017 08:07 AM

If the Schuberth C 3 has a long chin profile, I could probably wear it.

Have tried many Shoi modular designs and are crushing to my chin.

It's, C 3, more or less in the same price range as the Signet X, not many try it on places near.
Tried the Signet Q up at the H0NDA dealer in Reno a while back and really liked the fit.

MrSurly 05-13-2017 07:38 AM

Helmet Shopping, full face type / 2017

When I dropped 650 on a Neotech^^ I nearly choked...and the C3 was two hundred MORE.
Of note, though, they upgraded the C3 to the C3pro and recently I was seeing the C3 discounted mightily*. There may still be a deal to be had.

*mightily means for as little as 300 bux
^^i really really like it, tho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fe Butte 05-17-2017 04:47 PM

C 3 Pro on the way, sure hope there is chin room.

All the Shoei modular's I have tried has the chin bar pressing against my chin with uncomfortable pressure.

I guess if you don't test ride it, you can send back.

MrSurly 05-18-2017 09:38 PM

If you get a chance to watch Leno's Garage, check out his full face lid. Arai, I think.

Fe Butte 05-19-2017 08:20 AM

Yep, Arai has room for my freaky long chin, but alas they do not make a modular helmet.

Either today or next week the Signet will be here, was shipped out of Vegas via USPS, only 6 hours South, but you know, Government efficiency and all...

Bone Stockman 05-20-2017 07:07 PM

The Neotec is a nice helmet, but it put an ungodly amount of pressure on my right ear. I was in agony riding back from ES a few years ago, and had to pull over riding home from Long Island 2 years ago.

Fe Butte 05-22-2017 01:19 PM

OK...

So trial of Pro 2, has chin room, Yay!, but no room for forehead, lots of pressure on forehead after sitting here with it on for 10 minutes.

Killing me! Uggh!

Now to ship it back, sigh...

ljadon34 09-06-2017 03:53 AM

I have an Arai. The Signet Q fits my long oval head nicely.