The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Discussions (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Where do they get these guys? (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209354)

Infidel! 08-25-2018 09:11 PM

Where do they get these guys?

The moco seems to be making strides to appeal to younger riders, but the dealers seem to be stuck in the 1990's. You know, back when the brand would sell itself.

I went to a dealer today to check out the new colors. The salesmen are total morons. I asked about a 2019 limited they have on their website. He says the 2019's have an orange tag that says 2019 on it.

Ok, I can look around myself. Nope, follows me around like a puppy dog. Can't find a 2019 limited anywhere. So I ask where they are. He doesn't know.

Ok, I just want to see a couple colors that piqued my interest. So I ask if he had any bikes in the silver flux color. He points to a street glide in silver. It doesn't have an orange tag, so it's not a 2019, right? He says it's silver.

So, when are you getting some 2019 limiteds in? He didn't know. He also didn't offer to check with anyone who might know.

I ask a few more questions, none of which he knows the answer to.

I told him I'm done and left.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Scabbydoo 08-25-2018 11:09 PM

Guess they expect everyone to get lucky and just happen to visit when they are unloading the new ones from the truck. Kinda like I did this week.

Fe Butte 08-26-2018 07:25 AM

Ha!

On my way to ES this June I was at the Harley dealer in Green River WY, they were unloading some new bikes and I asked a question, they acted like "Puny Human, how dare you approach the Gods and ask them questions!"

And they never did answer the question...:doh:

Turbo Turtle 08-29-2018 12:03 AM

Local Stealer here had an event to show off their first 2019 models delivered. They arrived about 3pm the day of and were jumping to get them off their pallets and fueled up. I didn't see anything that impressed me :unsure:

BOB

BillyB 08-29-2018 10:04 AM

Which one were you checking out? The one up here in Allen seems to have a few fairly experienced reps.

Scabbydoo 08-29-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle (Post 1513085)
Local Stealer here had an event to show off their first 2019 models delivered. They arrived about 3pm the day of and were jumping to get them off their pallets and fueled up. I didn't see anything that impressed me :unsure:

BOB

New ones made a big impression on me. The price, that is. :Scared:

par_fore 08-30-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyB (Post 1513097)
Which one were you checking out? The one up here in Allen seems to have a few fairly experienced reps.

I've had equally bad experiences at the Allen store. When I bought a couple years back I started there and was trying to get info on closeout
inventory and new inventory. Discussing both options was WAY to much effort for them to accommodate. And they were downright arrogant about their unwillingness to negotiate their over msrp pricing.

I ended up going to Sherman and it was far worth the drive north. They just have a much more helpful and layed back approach to there. No pressure...no holier than thou attitude.

TalonChief 09-04-2018 05:48 PM

Sounds all too familiar. I bought 2 bikes at the Pensacola dealership because the sales staff in Ft Walton Beach were jackoffs who couldn't be bothered to answer a couple of questions. It's since been sold and appears to be managed better, but I'm not buying another new HD in the foreseeable future.