The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   The saga of the root beer Limited (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176170)

Infidel! 11-20-2010 11:56 AM

The saga of the root beer Limited

I'm continuing this from my other thread. I thought a new thread was in order since it's no longer Mega's fault.

As you know, the North Texas HD backed out of a deal we had to buy a bike. So I decided to try the Allen shop, HD of Dallas. Wow, what a disappointment. I called yesterday morning and spoke to a salesman named Jason. I explain I don't want to waste my time riding to the other side of the metroplex, blah blah blah. He says they have the bike I'm looking for right in front of him and they are dealing fools. OK.

So I take an extended lunch and ride over. I get there, walk over to one of the guys sitting in a cube and ask for Jason. He doesn't know a Jason. Wait, Jason in parts? I'm thinking :wtf: did I act like a Doof and go to the wrong dealer? I walk over to parts and ask for Jason and they give me the :dunno: looks. Then some young guy walks up from behind and introduces himself as Jason. OK, maybe he's new here. I ask to see the root beer limited, and we go walking around the shop full of bikes. Can't find it. He asks one of his colleagues and they say it was sold yesterday. Now I am ready to :KTWillys: his ass for lying to me. Seriously, it's an hour ride to the shop from my office. He apologizes and asks me to wait while he checks on the "other" one they have in the warehouse. He comes aback and says they'll have it in 3 or 4 hours, and will I wait? I tell him no, but I can come back if the numbers work out. So we sit down, he gives me some numbers, I balk and he gets the sales manager. I balk again, tell them I have a deposit at another dealer but don't want to buy from that dealer, but they are 1500 higher. So, the GM comes out and comes within $200 of the other dealer. Good. We shake hands, I give him $100 deposit and I go back to work planning to come back after 5 to pick up my new bike.

About 4 PM I get a call from the sales manager apologizing because the bike they got wasn't a Limited, but an Ultra instead. They misread the codes. Let's see, an Ultra is an FLHTCUI, and a Limited is an FLHTK. Yeah, sure, easy to get mixed up, right? But - get this - they can put everything a Limited has on the Ultra for me and it will be the same bike. :smilieblowup:AAAHHH! I say no, I want my money back. But, they can find me that bike somewhere. I say no, this deal has had bad mojo from the start I want out. Two big mistakes in one day. It's obvious they don't know what they're doing. Lord knows what they'll do after they have my money. I got my $100 back and now I'm back to square one.

I can't believe it's so freaking hard to give somebody my money! :badmood:

SafetyMan 11-20-2010 11:59 AM

Did you call Jenny?

All BS aside, for what she saved me,
I could have bought an airline ticket from anywhere in the CONUS,
got a decent hotel and a cab,
and STILL come out WAY ahead.

DAK47 11-20-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SafetyMan (Post 1016276)
Did you call Jenny?

Haven't bought a bike from her yet........but if her service in parts and pricing are any indication, I'll be begging her to put a 100 miles on a RGU, so she can sell it to me as used and I can get it back into Canada without the Deeley family putting out a hit on me for skirting their B.S. deathgrip on this country.

Cheers,
Dirk

ms_tapestry 11-20-2010 12:18 PM

Dan, that just sucks! :blink:

Infidel! 11-20-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SafetyMan (Post 1016276)
Did you call Jenny?

Are you talking just about accessories, or saved off MSRP for the bike?

SafetyMan 11-20-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txhawg (Post 1016292)

MSRP.... Um...

Dan, PM me your phone number, I'll tell you the whole story...

:whistling:

noodles 11-20-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txhawg (Post 1016292)

MSRP for the bike i'm sure, knowing Chip!~

BigTOE 11-20-2010 12:27 PM

Did you call Jenny?

All BS aside, for what she saved Chip,
He could have bought an airline ticket from anywhere in the CONUS,

noodles 11-20-2010 12:28 PM

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174597

MegaGlide 11-20-2010 12:40 PM

When I'm ready for my new Limited, I'm calling Jenni.

All BS aside, for what she saved Chip,

ms_tapestry 11-20-2010 12:44 PM

Did you call Jenni? Rumor has it for what she saved Chip,
got a decent hotel and a cab, and STILL come out WAY ahead.

Big Cheese 11-20-2010 01:38 PM

Conus, Georgia?

KD5CQT 11-20-2010 01:42 PM

Dan, I can certainly sympathize with your situation. Sounds just like the BS I went through with the dealers down here. I have thoroughly enjoyed telling all of them one at a time as they call me on their follow-up calls that I bought from someone else who didn't try to buy me in BS and am very happy with my new bike.

dzlfitr 11-20-2010 01:49 PM

I think I would still call Jenni.

All BS aside, the rumor around the campfire is,
for what she saved Chip,
He could have bought an airline ticket,
from anywhere in the CONUS,

thrasher 11-20-2010 02:02 PM

Anyone know where I get get a rootbeer limited?