The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Prayer Line (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Prayers for speedy recovery (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210179)

Ol Mike 08-15-2019 01:06 PM

Prayers for speedy recovery

My sister-in-law fell yesterday and fractured both wrists.

Going to be a challenging life for a while.

Any prayers would be appreciated for her speedy recovery.

G-ma 08-15-2019 01:25 PM

Prayers always from here.

Margarita 08-15-2019 03:53 PM

Bless her heart, that is just not fair! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Scabbydoo 08-15-2019 05:49 PM

On their way.

Fe Butte 08-20-2019 08:42 AM

Prayers sent.

Ol Mike 08-20-2019 09:11 AM

Thanks all, she has surgery today, for multiple fractures.Pins and plates required.

Can't imagine what she is going through.

stoney 08-21-2019 08:08 AM

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

vafatboy 08-21-2019 08:55 AM

Prayers for your sister Mike.

Dinero 08-21-2019 03:51 PM

Two broken wrists? Wow. That has to be tough.

My arm was broken at the wrist and my leg was broken just above my ankle and, of course, I broke some bones in my foot. All on the right side.

I couldn't operate a wheel chair or a pair of crutches. It was all I could do to pull my zipper down after my wife helped me to the bathroom. I was like that for six weeks and then they did the surgeries and I was like that for another six weeks. I slept in the recliner for almost three months.

I don't envy her at all. Just tell her to understand that it will soon be over and she'll have plenty or war stories to tell around the campfire. Some will even be funny in hindsight.

dynageno 08-21-2019 04:57 PM

Sending speedy prayers

Ol Mike 08-21-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinero (Post 1520069)
Two broken wrists? Wow. That has to be tough.

My arm was broken at the wrist and my leg was broken just above my ankle and, of course, I broke some bones in my foot. All on the right side.

I couldn't operate a wheel chair or a pair of crutches. It was all I could do to pull my zipper down after my wife helped me to the bathroom. I was like that for six weeks and then they did the surgeries and I was like that for another six weeks. I slept in the recliner for almost three months.

I don't envy her at all. Just tell her to understand that it will soon be over and she'll have plenty or war stories to tell around the campfire. Some will even be funny in hindsight.

A special story she will tell;

She was at a weekend church camp, playing badminton. Her husband hit her a long one and she tripped backing up. Putting both hands behind her to break the fall.

Badminton is dangerous ! Should be banned !

Dinero 08-21-2019 09:04 PM

Probably.

Mine was a Low Rider t-boning a car that pulled out in front of me.