The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   10th Anniversary Eureka Springs Doofapalooza 2016 (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Washed. Waxed. (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206456)

MegaGlide 06-09-2016 10:14 AM

Washed. Waxed.

Tire Pressure Checked.

vafatboy 06-09-2016 10:59 AM

Now you've done it!

Luke611 06-09-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaGlide (Post 1482395)
Tire Pressure Checked.

I'm at 1 out of 3 so far.

Sent from my Galaxy 7 using TypeaPost

Backroad Mike 06-09-2016 12:05 PM

Mine is getting dyno'd today.

I asked him to call me if it blows up. He said no way, if it blows up, will e-mail you.

:blink:

MrSurly 06-09-2016 01:48 PM

He'll email on the way out the door for some much needed time away....

MrSurly 06-09-2016 02:38 PM

Tire pressure FoBo-ed this morning. It HAS been interesting to watch the pressure change that occurs when riding.
I usually set the pressure at 41 psi, both ends, with the AE gII tires. To be honest, though, I've never paid a lot of attention to 'hot' or 'cold' settings and I formed the misconception a long time ago that the difference was only a couple of pounds.
Yeah, if I remembered to check before riding, yes, I knew I had in mind 41 psi COLD but, unless it was en epic journey that day, it wasn't a huge priority. I'd do a visual check, but I often wouldn't bother to check *with a gauge* before heading out on afternoon rides, so I'd end up checking it at the first fuel stop. The FoBo has shown that motorcycle tires change during use a LOT more than my truck or car tires.
At one point a while back I set them at 41 with a gauge just a short distance from the house so they weren't completely cold. I put the FoBos on and since then I have seen the pressures around 6~8 psi on a given day and I've seen the cold pressure ever so slowly drop over time.
I will reset them in the morning to 43 *cold* and keep on enjoying having the monitoring. Yesterday while doing other importanty things I wondered about the pressures but no way was I going to ~stop~ the job I was doing, get a gauge and check. I tapped the app on my phone. I saw the current pressures. It was....awesome.

Settertude 06-09-2016 03:50 PM

CHarging system check?

BillyB 06-09-2016 04:35 PM

Dropping it off at the dealership for a service recall on the saddlebags with complimentary wash. I'll be packing on Saturday to leave first thing Sunday morning.

Dinero 06-09-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyB (Post 1482421)
Dropping it off at the dealership for a service recall on the saddlebags with complimentary wash. I'll be packing on Saturday to leave first thing Sunday morning.

You'll probably still pass me on the way.

Dinero 06-09-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSurly (Post 1482416)
Tire pressure FoBo-ed this morning. It HAS been interesting to watch the pressure change that occurs when riding.
I usually set the pressure at 41 psi, both ends, with the AE gII tires. To be honest, though, I've never paid a lot of attention to 'hot' or 'cold' settings and I formed the misconception a long time ago that the difference was only a couple of pounds.
Yeah, if I remembered to check before riding, yes, I knew I had in mind 41 psi COLD but, unless it was en epic journey that day, it wasn't a huge priority. I'd do a visual check, but I often wouldn't bother to check *with a gauge* before heading out on afternoon rides, so I'd end up checking it at the first fuel stop. The FoBo has shown that motorcycle tires change during use a LOT more than my truck or car tires.
At one point a while back I set them at 41 with a gauge just a short distance from the house so they weren't completely cold. I put the FoBos on and since then I have seen the pressures around 6~8 psi on a given day and I've seen the cold pressure ever so slowly drop over time.
I will reset them in the morning to 43 *cold* and keep on enjoying having the monitoring. Yesterday while doing other importanty things I wondered about the pressures but no way was I going to ~stop~ the job I was doing, get a gauge and check. I tapped the app on my phone. I saw the current pressures. It was....awesome.

Bring a gauge. That way you can check mine when we get there.

Fe Butte 06-09-2016 07:02 PM

Check the twisty things inside the bags before riding.

My dealer did the recall, but only half twisted the retainer pins.

Funny, a recall about bag hardware and they didn't fully latch them...

Fe Butte 06-09-2016 07:03 PM

And Tire Rack has some tech Info about tire pressure and temperatures.

Luke611 06-09-2016 07:09 PM

I'm pulling out tomorrow night.

MegaGlide 06-09-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke611 (Post 1482446)
I'm pulling out tomorrow night.

Wouldn't a condom be safer?

Just another damn Dave
Fluent in Pidgin Cigar Spanish

DaSkip 06-09-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinero (Post 1482429)
You'll probably still pass me on the way.

One of my fondest memories was following you up the Pig Trail on my first trip to Arkansas.

:)