The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective

The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Am I the only one... (http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199219)

Scabbydoo 01-20-2014 07:55 PM

Am I the only one...

who is fed up with this kind of classless, bullsh!t behavior from pro athletes?

And shame on the coaching staff, team management and ownership for not immediately renouncing it and 'spanking' him royally in the wallet.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=sherman%20rant&sm=3

TalonChief 01-20-2014 08:27 PM

I have been cheerfully ignoring sports since the '80s.

Posted under duress using now-buggy FREE Tapatalk I previously paid for.

DAK47 01-20-2014 08:32 PM

A truly sad state of affairs with the BS antics........ Wouldn't it be something to show all the kids what a class act is all about. Doesn't mean you can't blow your top, just knock off the getto crap...

Dirk

Fe Butte 01-20-2014 08:44 PM

If the sports leagues stop the gangsta stylings of the players, who will the kids emulate?:blink:

It should be quashed once they become professional.

Eccentric stuff, okay, but hoodlum gangsters crap should be quashed.

y2kflhr 01-20-2014 08:45 PM

After hearing some of the background on his rant and rave I understand why he went off, but it was still stupid

Scabbydoo 01-20-2014 09:10 PM

He always has "background" when he openshis yap. It's time those supposedly in charge stick a sock in his piehole.

RoadWolf 01-20-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalonChief (Post 1389578)
I have been cheerfully ignoring sports since the '80s.

^^^ This is true for me as well, so I didn't see the actual rant first hand.

I did see this link in my facebook newsfeed though, and thought it was insightful.

Personally, I gave up a long time ago expecting civility from a culture that pays people tens of millions of dollars to wear tights and run into each other while other people stand around and froth at the spectacle.

I also admit I'm a bit of a kill-joy when the sports talk starts though, so carry on...

y2kflhr 01-20-2014 09:27 PM

Culpepper and he went at it all week long, harbaugh didn't recommend him to the nfl he was his former couch apparently, and he caused an interception that one his team the game, so as ghetto as it was, I get it, and the nfl loves this stupidity

DaSkip 01-20-2014 09:31 PM

It's called sportsmanship. It's rarely seen these days.

:sad:

y2kflhr 01-20-2014 09:36 PM

Your so right skip, so many players go crazy after making a play instead of handing the ball to the ref and getting back to the line it's disgusting, and most times they are on the losing side

Backroad Mike 01-20-2014 09:38 PM

I saw it, and even as a Seattle fan thought it showed tremendous lack of class. What he said could have been said much better and without the attitude.

What he said wasn't technically incorrect, just bad delivery. Hey Erin, why not give them a chance to calm down.. He did just guarantee a trip to the Super Bowl for his team. :Poke:

RoadWolf 01-20-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backroad Mike (Post 1389601)
What he said wasn't technically incorrect, just bad delivery. Hey Erin, why not give them a chance to calm down.. He did just guarantee a trip to the Super Bowl for his team. :Poke:

:roflback: One of the points in the article I saw!

Scabbydoo 01-20-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippsy (Post 1389594)
...he caused an interception that one his team the game...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backroad Mike (Post 1389601)
...He did just guarantee a trip to the Super Bowl for his team. :Poke:

It's what he gets paid a ludicrous amount of money to do. It's his job.

How far do you think that kind of behavior would get you with your company for simply doing what they pay you to do?

stupidglide 01-20-2014 10:07 PM

Scabby, this is why I just don't bother with a lot of the stick and ball sports anymore. Having grown up with admiration for the pro athletes in the late 60's and 70's it just makes me sad and disgusted when I see the conduct of the current crop of "professional" athletes.
The sports fans of the past, would have summarily shunned, these kinds of antics back in the day.

y2kflhr 01-20-2014 10:09 PM

If I was a high paid athlete I would have class, I'm not excusing his behavior I'm just saying it wasn't totally unfounded, this is not a stupid man, just a man doing stupid things, and shame on the network for giving him a platform I am sure they knew they would get that response from him