View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
PCIII Dyno Results

Just got Beulah back today. Had a new rear tire (Stock Dunlop) and had the PCIII that I put on before the Tony Paco run tuned on the dyno. I had the SE slip ons already and I added the SE intake with the K&N style filter and the Fuel Moto brand PCIII.

Orbit and some local friends recommended Brian at Firehouse Performance. Small shop, no B.S. I'll do more business there.

http://www.firehouseperformance.com/main.html

With the canned map from Fuel Moto, the bike had more grunt off the line and power seemed a little better. I didn't have a baseline chart before I added the ECM so I'm not sure what the gains are.
After the tune the grunt is there through all the gears and it seems a whole lot more responsive on the throttle. Not a lot more top end faster, just smoother and faster to the redline in each gear. Brian said it was really fat on the top end, that might account for the decel pop I experienced at Cheezy when getting off it hard for a corner. It wasn't the "pop, pop, pop" kind; it would be one big bang as if the loaded fuel ignited all at once in the header. Couldn't reproduce it today, but I only got lost for 4 hours and about 140 miles. I'll check mileage after I fill her up next time.
Quite pleasant actually.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3259.jpg (37.1 KB, 120 views)

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin