View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Dropped the TT off at the dealer today for the 600 mile service. Still too early for a full report, but I'm feeling verbose....

- Adjustable levers. Sounds like a silly little thing, but a tiny adjustment in where the clutch and brake levers are makes a world of difference. I can now two-finger the brake while still working the throttle, and I've shortened the clutch pull enough that it got rid of the jerkiness I was feeling.

- Power windshield. Love it. Every bike should have one.

- Mirrors. They're mounted way up on the fairing, but with them up there I can finally see all the way behind me without moving my head. Again, a little thing that makes a big difference.

- The Magical Wonder Wheel. I can access any information or suspension adjustments without taking my hands off the grips. Super intuitive system too.

- All three bags come off in less than 2 minutes. And the bike looks good without them.

- The suspension. I don't think about it, it just rides and tracks beautifully. Road gets rough, switch it to "Comfort". Wanna ride like a hooligan, switch it to "Sport". Bike hasn't bottomed out once, and nothing has jarred me out of the seat.

- The power. It's everywhere, even in the low-power "Rain" mode. Shifting isn't necessary. I can literally leave it in 3rd gear from a dead-stop up to about 70mph.

Not So Much

- No locking kickstand. Just dumb not to have one.

- No self-canceling turn signals. These things aren't rocket science.

- Key has to stay in the ignition. I'm spoiled, I guess.

- Luggage space. Not as much as the Ultra. Not a whole lot less, but still.

- Side-opening saddlebags. Sure, they look all swoopy, but they dump your stuff out when you open them.

- The top box rocks back and forth on the mount. Not a lot, but it does move. Makes me wary of mounting a luggage rack on top.

- The transmission is clunkier than I'd expected.

Other than that, this thing is a dream. I added an engine guard with highway pegs, got a new windshield with a recurve coming, and I scored a taller 2-piece seat on Ebay. Looking forward to getting it back and being able to let this thing run at full power.

More to come.

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)