Thread: Royal Purple
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 11:17 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Noticed something getting flung up on side of my seat at one stop on the trip home.

Looked closer at what it was, OMG! oil drooling outa my air cleaner cover.

That was at a rest stop, after fueling up I pulled off into a parking space with a handful of windshield paper towels, got out the handy dandy HD switch blade "tool kit" thingy to pull off air cleaner cover.

WTF? No 5/16" hex wrench on it! WTF? Good is it?

Dig deeper into saddlebags pulled out set of ball tip hex wrenches, wiped out housing of excess oil and has been fine since. Maybe if dump hose went a bit deeper into throttle body?

Guess I'll watch / clean it more often...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...