View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 07:31 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Update

Haven't ridden the 'b' as much as usual, mostly back and forth to work, 50 mile daily commute.

I think I have around 3.5K miles on the motor now.

Just a few thoughts.......

The engine is perfect for highway cruising.

She really really likes to run 70 mph+. 75-80 is her sweet spot. Smooth as glass, lots of passing giddy-up! She builds power nicely.

Fuel mileage is fine. I'm averaging 36 while commuting combo interstate/secondary roads, route is about half of each. And a lot of that interstate running is at 80 mph+.

I've only had the chance to ride one day extended tank to tank highway miles, and I averaged 39. I was running over 70 mph on the interstate that day.

The motor has quieted down quite a bit since new. Still a slight whirr at idle, but nothing noticeable at speed. Normal top end sewing machine noises. Cam chest is pretty quiet, too.

The stock headpipes have really quieted down the exhaust. Still running the CVO mufflers with fullsac baffles. The exhaust note is a lot less droney with this set up. It's nice in quiet in town, too.

I really like the manual compression releases. Don't need 'em so much when the motor is cold, but they're absolutely necessary when the motor is hot. And I've noticed that I get no kickback when starting the engine, either hot or cold, since those MCRs were installed.

Hot idle oil pressure is 30 psi, nearly 60 at speed. Oil temps rarely break 200° on hot days at speed. They creep up a bit when standing still, but nowhere near the 230 mark on the gauge.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I should have done this motor the first time.