View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
ok, so I did a few things attempting to find out why I got such a mess from my breathers

on my setup, see the pic in first post, those little filters on the banjo fittinigs get saturated with oil/vapor mist and then drip off, at which time the wind blows it all over the bike and rider

I put in new umbrella valves, same thing

I took out the reed valve and put in stock breather, same thing

I put in the 'Cure Vent Plus Kit' in the rocker boxes, same thing

I went to ES and back, 2600 miles in 8 days ... the bike and my Dickies were a total mess !! Ask anyone that waz there ....

So, I put on a catch can .... here's some pics of it
I rode the bike yesterday about 150 miles, no oil on me, or the bike !!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

in the pics you'll see the black fuel lines, those are being replaced with chrome braided line ..... but I'm off to Atlanta this weekend and wanted this installed, so I went to the auto store and got some 1/4" fuel line ..... my guess, the chrome lines will show up this afternoon. When I get the chrome lines I'll run both of them behind the front cylinder pushrod tubes .... I think this will provide a neater/cleaner look

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Last edited by fxr4mikey; 07-09-2009 at 09:46 AM.