View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 12:28 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
It's not just the Big Suckers that have this problem. All air cleaners including the SE can have this happen. You have to use plenty of lock tight, torque the studs correctly and check it every oil change at a minimum. When I bought my Street Glide(used) I found mine loose and it had ruined the mounting holes in the throttle body, I had to pick up a used throttle body to replace mine. Twin cam A engines have a lot of vibration that we don't feel but every bolt on the engine itself does.

Joe
I check them at those points too. Didn't see any problems till I heard the rattling....

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.