Thread: Stumped
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Stumped

When I tuned the Fatboy using the SERT and Twin Scan w/Wego I had a pretty good tune and averaged 41-43 miles per gallon cruise.

I have almost the same build on the EG, but a different 2-1. Fatcat header and Supertrapp Muffler, 16 discs and open cap.

37b cams
Bigboyz Heads

Issue: Got the VE's corrected while tuning at target AFR of 13.2. However, I have not done any smoothing to the MAP. When done with tuning I changed the AFR tables that have AFR set to 14.1-14..2

I have replaced my 02 sensors make sure that wasn't the cause and confirmed free air calibration of the sensors and insuring the pot/s for free air adjustment wasn't vibrating and changing position.

I'm only getting 32-34 miles per gallon after getting the VE's very close. The strange thing is fuel usage isn't much different from a target AFR table at a flat 13.2 to the target AFR table you see in the attached spread sheet.

This condition has been more pronounced with the current pipe set up over the true dual setup. With the true duals I got fuel economy up to 38-ish.

I discussed timing with Russ and I know I could advance it as the bike never pings, but I don't think it will account for 10 miles per gallon.

Could it be too much back pressure....i.e. not enough discs?

Thoughts and suggestions please.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Target AFR.xls (24.5 KB, 2 views)