View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 10:30 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Purchasing out of state

So, I totally ripped off the Hoonda dealer who bought my truck. I go to the local Ram truck dealer to buy a new truck. Sure, they want to sell me a truck. They will discount a 2015 by $5000.

Really? It's August for crying out loud. Should be anywhere from $12-15K off sticker. I ask about a 2016 and they tell me no discounts and can't even order them yet. Conversation ended right there. Blatent lie. I know folks on the Cummins Forum are already receiving their '16's that they ordered a month ago. I hate being lied to.

So I heard about these dealers up in Idaho that offer HUGE discounts. No haggling, this is the price, take it or leave it. So I call 2 of the biggest names up there and ask about a 2016 custom order.One was $8500 off sticker, and the other is over $11,000 off. Both of those places have great online reputations. They sell out of state all the time, and will even collect the Texas sales tax. Plane ticket to Boise is $239 from DFW, and they have a shuttle to pick you up at the airport.

So, anybody buy a vehicle out of state before? Any gotchas I need to watch for?

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[