Thread: Comp Saver.....
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle View Post
Oh, now I remember the PO mentioning he didn't make the claim as he had no issues with the regulator. He owned it for two years and 12K. I'm all but certain at seven years and 70+K, I will not be able to make the claim.
I will have to check with the dealer before I buy a new one. Still not a bad lifespan for the original I guess.

Tom, I will be breaking into the right side soon to check my tensioners, and will have parts at the ready in case I need to replace them. Likely but I have ridden this bike real easy throughout the last four plus years of my ownership.
At the moment, I'm thinking I will utilize the stock tensioners, new torrington carrier bearing and open up the top to keep it on the cheap. I'm thinking no more than $200.-300. in parts if I go this way. I will be on the lookout for renting or borrowing the puller necessary to pull this off.

aka BOB

My cams were gear drive before I ever rode mine.

I was talking the primary drive chain tensioner shoe.

Sorry about the confusion.

I would never pass on a free $200+ electrical part.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...