Thread: FXDLRG (????)
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Last Cigar Smoked: Drew Estates Kuba Kuba (Lovely!)
stupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ok y'all.............
I done did the mock-up, (compleat with regulation green tape) so now on to the fab work.
The original crash bar eliminator that I started with, actually hit the downtubes of the frame, so a bit of re-working was in order.
I had to figure out a way to offset the mounting point a bit to get everything to clear, and to get the proper angle of the fairing in relation to the bike, when it was bolted up. I made up a piece to make the mounting tab back-set about 5/8ths of an inch, then tack welded everything up, and tested for fit.
Perfect!
Well, fired up the metal-glue gun and went at it, and after a bit of grindin' and the like, here is what I got-
I'd mount it all up and send some piccies, but I'm droppin' over to one of my neighbors to eat lasagne, and generally pork out on goodies, and watch the Super Bowl. I'll post up some stuff tomorrow and we'll see what
y'all think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (49.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (39.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (50.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (45.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (42.9 KB, 20 views)

just a big ol' Doof.....
I MARRIED me a PIRATE!!!....
ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM