View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Interesting idea if you're sure you want a trailer. The extension there on the right hand side with the single fold down aluminum brace does not look all that well supported, though. I'd hate to put any real weight on it.

The only real advantage of that over a quality ultra light tent is that it's off the ground, and it can be leveled (for uneven ground).

The disadvantages (for me anyways) is that its a trailer, and IMO, trailers take a lot of fun out of riding a motorcycle. I guess I'd rather pack a quality backpacker's ultra light tent, tent footprint, Thermarest, and stay on two wheels.
Thats my issue. I like to travel fast and light. I have a REI Half dome that goes up in about 5 minutes, a down bag that compresses to the size of a coffee can and a REI self inflating pad that also compresses to about the size of a coffee can. This would allow me to pretty much set up anyplace in a minute and carry all my gear at the same time unloading the bike except for the 20lbs tongue weight. I have never pulled a trailer with a bike, been told you dont know its back there. When I tow one with a car I know its back there so...........

It is one of the quickest, lightest and smallest I have vere seen.