Thread: Should I?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 10:09 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The '09 pipes are the best to do what you want to do. With the bungs up near the port there is no chance of crosstalk. Don't expect a noticeable performance gain, but you will lose some of the heat. If you're not planning any other changes you should be fine, the stock tune will adapt. It probably will be a little louder, but that is dependant on which mufflers you have.

I did some testing on the 2010 and later headers with the cast and then removed the cat. It made a slight difference in flow based on the change in VE's. They really aren't as restrictive as they look

As Ricky pointed out, they don't come out easily. I cut the pipe in half, then drilled a whole lot of holes with a 1/2 inch bit, and still had to use a hanger and chisel to get it out. Made a nasty mess too.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[