View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 10:40 AM
R.I.P.
you know better...

mongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Fixed...I think.

Some of you may remember the mysterious electrical/battery problem that's been plaguing me most of this year. Battery not holding a charge, and getting increasingly worse at it.

Well, a couple weeks ago, I charged it, and though VM read 12.7 VDC, bike wouldn't start, and drained battery in short order.

So, even though the dealer (N-side HD and *****) said that they ran tests on battery, both in and out of bike (two F-n trips) and it was good (only 13 months old) I began to wonder if they were full of shit.

I placed a 125$ bet (new battery) and it turns out they WERE FOS!

Who woulda thunk it?

So now, last time I fired it up was a week ago, went out to the garage, after giving it a week's time to deplete the battery, and keyed it on.

Previously wouldn't hold a charge for an afternoon, in the later stages of this deterioration.

HA! Fired right up!

Moral: Don't believe everything the Dealer tries to tell you.

(if you guys don't know that... talk to Mega)

Also, I shoulda listened to dj. He knows stuff.

So long for now RedRider

Nine-mile skid, on a ten-mile ride,
Hot as a pistol but cool inside.
Like I told ya, what I said,
Steal your face right off your head.

1965------2006