View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
R.I.P.
Never Forget - 343

Fire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up space
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN View Post
I'm thinking of putting a fairing on my 04 RK custom. I've been looking at the dragonfly. Looks pretty good. Any expert opinions? (Isn't that like asking Anna Nicole if she has drugs?)

I just bought a used one on ebay for my '05 Custom. You do have to remove the chrome deflector which I did about a year ago. The dragonfly is a really nice fairing, mounts up with the standard windshield bolts. It is very secure and really looks like a factory fairing (except from the back since it doesn't have all of the gauges). A buddy of mine has a deadcenter cycles fairing and that is nice too, it is a quick detach but tends to shake a bit over bumps. I just put mine on an haven't had a chance to ride yet, but I can tell you that the mounting is much more solid than the deadcenter. It is not a quick detach, but only takes about 5 minutes (if that) to remove.

I have a pic at home that I'll post.