View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 06:19 AM
Smuckin' Fartass

Last Cigar Smoked: Olivia Nub Maduro
Woody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
You've got me even more confused. Your two paragraphs don't agree. Are they supposed to?
Bottom line - tuner dongle marries itself to the ecm. If you have to change the ecm, tuner dongle will not work with new ecm. The dealer can't do anything to fake out your existing tuning dongles into thinking that the new ecm is the old ecm.

Multiple tuners can be used on an existing ecm, EXCEPT the TTS tuner. In other words, I can flash the ecm with a Screamin' Eagle tuner, and if I have a Power Vision tuner, I can flash the ecm with that as well. One tuner doesn't care about the other, those two products can live together with the ecm. It's only the TTS that wants the ecm all to itself.

Hope I have thoroughly confused you now...