View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:19 AM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Odd.
If you need it (and if it'll fit), I've got an SE air cleaner I'm not using any more.
Thanks man, I got it worked out yesterday, details below....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
Frank, you should be able to drill down the center of the broken studs and use an easy-out to back them out of the a/c backing plate.
The pieces left in the backing plate were long enough to get me vice grips on and twist them out. I even had enough in one of the spacers to do the same..... the other, well, read below....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
Those are only s'posed to be torqued to something insignificant like 40 in-lbs. Could they have got way overtightened somewhere?
I'm meticulous when it come to torquing things. I have a feeling they broke from vibration and corrosion. There was a bit of corrosion around the area they broke

No pics sadly, was too intent on getting the scoot ready for a ride today (that didn't happen due to the rain). Went to HD to see if they had some replacement studs at least, no dice. Went to a local indy to see if they could help. I had planned on drilling the one spacer and getting what was left of the stud out of it. Well, one of the mechanics did it for me for $5 and suggested replacing the studs with something stainless from home depot. Off I go. ended up getting some 1/4x1 1/2 inch coarse thread pan headed screws. Once home, cut the tops off of them and made them to length. Put it all back together. All done. I even had some spares I made up should it happen again........

I guess it wasn't as bad as it seemed at first. If I find the time, I may shoot AN an email and let them know what happened. Not that big a deal really. Had it fallen off, I would be a little more ticked

Back to your normal programming......

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.