View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummiente View Post
I loved my sidecar, too, but failed to install two necessary things to make life easier living with it. One was a reverse gear, the other was a 5 degree raked triple tree kit. The reverse gear I could probably have continued to live without, but the stock steering head was murder on the upper body when I moved to my present location; lots and lots of tight, off camber turns turned a nice ride into a chore and took a lot of the fun out of it.

By contrast, three of the last sidecar installations I did before I quit my last job involved adding the raked triple tree kit. It made an amazing difference in ride and handling on all three bikes, one of which was an Ultra Classic with a double wide Hannigan chair.
I've seen that and am accumulating nickles towards that project.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan