View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 05:01 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXRS View Post
Was it really that bad before?
I wouldn’t says it bad, but I wouldn’t call it good either. Lots of play in the barrel to bushing. When new to me it would deposit at least one casing per magazine on my head. Messed around with the extractor, but I don’t know what I’m doing really. It’s always ejected low and the brass hits the bottom of the port on the way out.

So initially I thought I would just have the smith address those issues. But once in is shop and talking to him a while I went all in on a rehab. He didn’t give me any kind of sales pitch or anything like that. When I get it back I want it to be as reliable and acccurate as possible. I know the gun is only as good as the shooter, but the gun should be able to keep up.

He offered me his personnel carry weapon to look over and work the action. It was tight and smooth as butter at the same time. If you dig around the net for his name you find that he highly respected as a gunsmith.