View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 03:20 PM
???

msocko3 has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
I don't disagree that anything mechanical is bound to have problems.

I just have a real problem buying a premium motorcycle and having stupid stuff break regularly. Does every brand have their idiosyncrasies? Sure. But I think it's ridiculous that I've destroyed 3 sets of rotors in less than 2 years. That's not my riding style, that's cheap metal. It's ridiculous that the chrome flaked off my wheels. It's ridiculous that the rocker arms worked themselves loose, that the clutch and compensator disintegrated, that the IDS came apart, and all the other little things went wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. But we're rapidly entering "Battered Rider Syndrome".
After watching my dad go through 3 start buttons, a rear O2 sensor, and front wheel bearings in 28,000 miles on his 09 Trike, then my 2010 trike has a start button fail and the rear brakes in 17,000 miles. The 2nd start button my dad had fail cost us our trip to Yellowstone, it stranded us in North Platte NE for 3 days over the 4th of July weekend. I'm in a love hate relationship, I love both my bike and trike but I hate Harley Davidson as it is now. I see the company circling the bowl on its way down to the smelly depths unless they start building some quality products.

06 Ultra Powered by 120" Head-Quarters

2012 GL1800 Hannigan