View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Hangaround

Baggersport has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
You rode 800mi on a sportsbike. That says a lot for the comfort level. I'll have to get some test rides in. Unbelievable.

400mi there........party....crash (a couple hours)...400 mi return. 5.5hrs each way, avg. 72mph.....and routinely use it for sorties of 3-4 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell View Post
Oh,

I own an '06 Ulysses

In the "Adventure" category I could choose between the Ulysses, the Vespa V-Strom, the BMW R1200GS or GSA, Triumph Tiger, and maybe another lesser known bike or two. With those choices, the BMW's were overpriced (IMHO for what I wanted), the Strom was too much plastic, I wanted to abuse this bike and the 'Zuk's plastics looked like they'd need replacin frequently.

So, my decision was between the Tiger and the Uly. I already had a great relationship with the H-D/Buell dealer; I had no idea where the closest Triumph dealer is. I had a history with the V-Twin; I got no idea what goes on inside that Tiger triple. Both were priced closely.

You see what I chose, and I haven't looked back for a second.

This bike is pure fun. Twist the throttle and hold on, especially when the road gets twisty. It's not lightning fast, but it pulls like a tractor.
....making short work of traffic in the cities. I would mention the bags can take a beating bouncin of the cars.