View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
looking for helping suggestions - venting my breathers to a catch can

I didn't want to keep feeding the breather vents back into the carb/air cleaner .... so I bought an after market A/C kit that fits onto the Mikuni.
The breathers each have a 'LITTLE' filter to catch the oil that is expelled out the breather .....

I have no way of knowing if my bike has the 'normal/average' amount of spue that is vented out the breather....... But I do know this ... those 'LITTLE' filters are only good for about 50 miles. After that the oil leaks out the bottom, and then of course is blown back all over the side of the bike, and your leg. Last Wed. I rode 250 or so miles, the bike was a MESS .... I can't ride like this ..... and certainly would not take one of my extended trips until this gets resolved.

So I have decided to vent the breathers into a line and run that to a catch can .....

anyone ever use this setup ?
Blue Grass Breather Kit
http://www.chromeandleatherplus.com/...26484&cat=1197

what other 'products/methods' have yall used ?
Likes/Dislikes ?
Sources for products, Please.

Thanks
Mikey

States I've ridden my scoots in: